It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2009, 06:11 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User
Is this possible?

I haven't had any periods for almost two years now. Today I feel like I'm ovulating, have some pain and the type of discharge stuff I would always get at the middle of my cycles? I'm 51.

Is this possible?? I thought it was all over with.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2009, 06:51 PM   #2
(female)

Basket Case HB User
Re: Is this possible?

I have the same thing....53....2 1/2 years without period!!!! Strange eh!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2009, 10:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yeah, now to see if I get my period or not. I was getting used to not having to worry about it.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

hopalong_too HB User

You can look up the symptoms for bacterial vaginosis. There is sometimes a white or clear discharge and it may (or may not) have a fishy smell. Sometimes there are no symptoms. It is caused by an overgrowth of bacteria that are normally present. Your doctor can diagnose it with a PH test (the PH will be higher than normal) and by viewing a sample under the microscope OR a sample may be sent to a lab. This is sometimes caught during an annual pap test. It is usually treated with an antibiotic cream (metronidazole) or pill.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:31 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

As long as you have your ovaries they are subject to doing this. Welcome to reality! UGH!

Old 01-21-2009, 11:52 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks for writing back. I'm sure this is my cycle starting up again whether it's enough to have a period or not, we'll see.

Closed Thread