It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
(female)

2manyhotflashes HB User
Red face Pretty sure these are hot flashes...

Hello,

I am new here...this is my first post!!! I am 44 and I am pretty sure I am having hot flashes. My periods are irregular. I have not had a period now for over 2 months...although that's not unusual for me. I used to be every 28 days like clock work but for the past 2 years I have been irregular...sometimes nothing and sometimes 2 in one month. It's very frustrating to have to carry something for the "just in case" all the time. Over the past 2 years I have become unbearable to live with...so my husband and sons tell me...not because of ME persay, but because I keep the darn air turned down to 68 degrees and I am freezing them out of the house...but while they are freezing and walking around in blankets and thermal pants here in Florida, I not only have the air down to 68 but also keep ice packs on my neck and chest just so I am not burning up. I can be completely feeling "normal"...whatever that is lately...lol...one minute and then the next I am running for the freezer for my ice packs. I feel this surge of HEAT that just comes over me. It feels like an oven just got turned on inside me. This is SO frustrating and they have now become very frequent...so frequent that I carry bottles of frozen water with me everywhere I go so that when I get one of my "surges" I can place the frozen water bottle on my neck or keep it tucked in my arm to cool me off. I know it sounds crazy but that's what works for me when I leave the house.

Gee, that wasn't so much a question was it? I guess what I am trying to ask is...do hot flashes become more frequent and more miserable to deal with as time goes by? Now not only do I get my surges of heat, I am now waking up all sweaty...night sweats??? I have even started to grab the ice pack to sleep on now when I go to bed just to ward off the sweats. It's just nuts. My husband is shivering because he's so cold and I am laying there practically naked with ice packs.

I seem to get these hot flashes...surges...more right before my period but I haven't had a period now in over 2 months and now am getting this all the time. Sometimes before my period I also feel like I am running a low grade fever.

Please tell me I am not crazy!!! What can I do to not feel so HOT???....and how long does this phase last? The last time I went to the gyno he did bloodwork and everything was fine. He said he thought I was going into peri menopause. My mom was completely done with menopause at age 45. I could only hope to be completely done with all this in a few months when I turn 45. Ugghhhh!!!

Help...

HOT, HOT, HOT

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Pretty sure these are hot flashes...

I'm right there with you girlfriend! I am 48, and going thorough the same darn thing. I have decided to deal with this with humor, because it is so rediculous! I am looking forward to getting through it, but it is a crazy time!
I'm with you on the ice packs, fans, air conditioning, and being up and down all night.

Another issue for female bonding!

Old 01-13-2009, 03:23 PM   #3
(female)

2manyhotflashes HB User
Re: Pretty sure these are hot flashes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by writeleft View Post
I'm right there with you girlfriend! I am 48, and going thorough the same darn thing. I have decided to deal with this with humor, because it is so rediculous! I am looking forward to getting through it, but it is a crazy time!
I'm with you on the ice packs, fans, air conditioning, and being up and down all night.

Another issue for female bonding!

Female bonding at it's best...lol. I do try to handle all this with humor too. I call my frozen water bottles and a few other items my "menopause survival kit" and it has become a running joke in our home...what makes it even funnier is that my teen sons even know what menopause is...hey, getting them ready to be married one day.

How many hot flashes is "normal"? I mean, is there a point when I should see a doctor because it could be something else? Sometimes I get hot flashes one after the other like minutes apart...but then there are times I get maybe 3 or 4 a day. There's no rhyme or reason to it at all. Sometimes I get so hot that I get sick to my stomach. That feeling doesn't last very long but it sure is annoying when it happens...like when I'm at the grocery store or church.

Cheers to female bonding

Closed Thread