It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2009, 10:04 AM   #1
(female)

emily35 HB User
Early menopause - how to cope?

Hi all
I've just been told that I am going through the menopause. I'm 35. It explains a heck of alot about how I've been feeling these past couple of years!!

Anyway, I now have to wait for various appointments and I wondered how others coped with this. I'm constantly tired which is the hardest thing I'm dealing with as I have 2 very young children (thank god I didn't wait to have them!).

Any suggestions would be great.

Em x

Old 01-20-2009, 07:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User
Re: Early menopause - how to cope?

Welcome emily35, So sorry you are dealing with menopause so early in life. The tiredness can really be a hard issue to find the right thing to help. Have you had your thyroid tested? So many women have thyroid problems during menopause and that can make you tired. You might look into some natural supplements like Alfalfa tablets or kelp for the thyroid but other then that I have tried many things and still always tired. Sorry not a bigger help, take care,
Julie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2009, 12:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User
Re: Early menopause - how to cope?

Hi, Emily -

I'm 38 and experiencing perimenopausal symptoms, so you're not alone. I've been dealing with it for the past year. I'm tired frequently from a lack of sleep (heart palpitations). I also am dealing with depression, mood swings, irritability, joint and muscle pain, low sex drive, and hair loss. My progesterone and testosterone levels are very low. I just started some progesterone cream called Oasis Serene, hopefully it gets me back on track soon. I really just wanted to say hang in there and know that there's other thirty-something's out there that are going through it, too. I certainly wasn't expecting it. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I didn't expect to feel any of this until I got into my forties or fifties!

Last edited by kittywitty; 01-20-2009 at 12:35 PM.

Closed Thread