It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
(female)

eagleseer HB User
Red face post menopausal?

is it ever over? i have the worst hot flashed, trouble sleeping, anxiety,mood swings, basically you name it, oh, palpitations, chills, it will be 2 yrs this march since ive had a period....does this ever stop?

Old 01-26-2009, 01:49 AM   #2
(female)

Basket Case HB User
Re: post menopausal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleseer View Post
is it ever over? i have the worst hot flashed, trouble sleeping, anxiety,mood swings, basically you name it, oh, palpitations, chills, it will be 2 yrs this march since ive had a period....does this ever stop?
Sorry it hasn't stopped for me yet and I am coming up to 3 years soon!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2009, 01:57 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

Ten plus years for me and don't see any signs of it stopping or even slowing down.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:36 AM   #4
(female)

GBug HB User

I started my fourth year of peri in December. I went 3 consecutive months without a period last year then suddenly started back.

My symptoms are always changing. I'll be glad when this is over.

It's so NOT fair!!

Old 01-26-2009, 09:20 AM   #5
(female)

LisaH1960 HB User

The idea that this can go on for so long is depressing! My older sister is 63, and she says her symptoms are as bad as ever. I agree with Gbug, it isnít fair! Sometimes I think that if my body was a car, it would be recalled under lemon laws!

Iím 49, and have only been having a really hard time for about a year, but last summer the hot flashes, night sweats and mood swings got so bad that I went on HRT. For me that was like going out of the frying pan and into the fire! It helped with the hot flashes, but the physical side-effects made it unbearable, so I quit after only four months. As I feared, the flashes and sweats came back with a fury in no time, and I started to wonder which was worse.

Iíve been off the HRT for about six weeks now, and the pain in my joints and breasts has really improved, so has the edema in my legs, but Iím still stuck with 10 lbs that I put on.

I started taking Wisdom Menopause Formula about a month ago, and for me itís been a godsend- the night sweats stopped almost immediately, and the hot flashes are almost non-existent anymore. My husband thinks that I may just be getting over ďthat phaseĒ, and has been trying to convince me to quit for a while to see what happens, but I donít have the guts. I LIKE feeling decent for a change, and the last thing I need is for the fire-breathing dragon to come roaring back!

Lisa

Old 01-28-2009, 04:30 PM   #6
(female)

mgobluefan HB User

HRT for me! Been on it for a year as of next month - a godsend! I will be fifity this year and will take it as long as the doctor permits - micro doses have done wonders!

Old 01-29-2009, 12:49 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

My gyno told me that if I got off my HRT, it could be 1-3 years before all the symptoms passed. No thank you!

Old 01-29-2009, 03:57 PM   #8
(female)

lovecanada HB User

7-years and still counting! It just seems to go on and on. The worst for me are the periods which don't seem to end. I am exhausted!

Last edited by lovecanada; 01-29-2009 at 03:58 PM.

Closed Thread