It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2009, 01:04 PM   #1
(female)

losingitat41 HB User
So Tired - Need Help

Hi Everyone! How are you all doing today? I need some help getting un-tired! I am just so tired since I started peri about a year ago. I have been to the doctor and I'm healthy, but I just can't seem to get my energy back! I have taken ginseng, vitamin c, vitamin d, B12, B6 with no avail! I am so tired I am taking more and more naps during the day to the point that I don't even function like a person anymore! I mean I'm sleeping about 10 hours during the night, than 4 or 5 hour to hour and a half naps throughout the day. If I'm not napping I'm just so tired I can't do anything so I sit in my chair. I was exercising till about a month ago but I just can't do it anymore! I'm only 42 years old and feel like I'm 100 - this life sucks! Can anyone help me? Oh by the way I am using a progest cream, I take a multi vitamin daily, and calcium. The problem I am having using the progest cream is that I have been having a period every 8 days and because I stop during my period I am only getting a 8 days worth of cream every two plus weeks! Please help - any suggestions would be great - I'm willing to try anything at this point!

Thanks a million
Losing_it_at_41 [guess I need to change that to losing it at 42 now ]

Old 01-27-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: So Tired - Need Help

Hi there! I am right there with you. I actually get up in the morning fairly ok. But then after lunch I need a nap and it's all down hill from there. Like today...I am so tired. I just want to nap. What is it? I am 44. I know I am in perimenopause. My doctor refused to test my blood today for hormone levels. He said there is no need to because I still have a normal period every month. Ugh! I am taking progesterone creme. 2%, a 1/4 tsp on my skin daily. I am on vitamins and all that. But I think I am Calcium and D deficient. I have been off of them for a few months and just started back 4 days ago. I am tired and dizzy, my head feels like the blood is rushing to it, and ears kind of sensative and ringing. Does that sound like a deficency? I am still waiting for my blood tests to come back. I just had it taken yesterday. This whole thing is discouraging. Hang in there!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2009, 08:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User

A common problem during peri is thyroid. Have either of you have your thyroid tested? So many Dr.'s won't test it and don't test it thoroughly. They say mine is fine, ya right. Being tired every day and off balance gets old. Hope you find some answers and feel better,
Julie

Old 01-28-2009, 02:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Yes, I am hypothyroid. I have been now for 4 years. I am on meds for that and my range was normal when it was tested a few months ago. So most likely it is something else. I am still waiting for results of my Calcium and vitamin D results. Maybe that will be my answer.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:07 PM   #5
(female)

losingitat41 HB User

Thanks for the replies! :-) Its nice to know I'm not alone in this. I have had every test done from iron, d, thyroid [tsh], t3, t4, b12 and on and on and on! Everything comes back normal so my doctor tells me there is nothing more she can do for me but to write a script for HRT or progesterone/testosterone cream. I decided on OCT progest cream because it seemed the least harmful which saddens me when I think every woman will go through this and they have such limited options!

Well thanks again everyone and have a great day!
Losing_it_at_41 [now 42 :-)]

Closed Thread