It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2009, 05:04 PM   #1
(female)

lovecanada HB User
Thick uterine lining

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymk View Post
Hi Ladies,

I can relate to all of this. I didn't have a period since mid Sept (after having D&C for thick uterine lining). About mid December started getting terrible PMS symptoms - really sore breasts, bloating and also had back/shoulder and neck pain - seemed like a really bad mucle pull. Well I did get my period this week and I just realized most of the symptoms are gone.

My worry iis that it seems like this cycle will keep going until I'm finally done - YUK !! I am not looking forward to a month long (or more) of sypmtoms while waiting for a period to begin. I'm hoping that when it's finally over we'll all feel better - I think the crazy hormone flucuations cause all of this.

It would be nice to hear from those who are done and how they are feeling now - to give us something to look forward to

Hi Marymk....I read you had a thick uterine lining. I went for my routine US and that's what the report said. I went for a follow up and had a TVS and it was still thick but they couldn't find anything else. Could it be that I didn't have a period for almost 3 months and prior to that it was just spotting. I am estrogen dominant and have just started bioidentical progesterone. 2 days ago I started my period and it is HEAVY so I'm hoping the lining is going to thin out. Do you have any input, I would really appreciate it if you could tell me something about it.

Last edited by mod-anon; 01-29-2009 at 10:20 PM. Reason: starting a new thread with this post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2009, 08:01 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User
Re: Thick uterine lining

Hi lovecanada,

I've had a thick uterine lining on and off for about three years - along with the ultrasounds, I also had three uterine biopsy's. They all came back normal, except the last one in Aug. 2008. That one showed some atypical cells - not cancer just atypia. Because of this I had the D & C and was put on provera. I had a folowup ultrasound in November and the lining was normal. I have a second followup ultrasound in Feb and I may get another biopsy (just to make sure everything is OK).

Yes - not having a period and being estogen dominant could cause this. I think having a heavy period should help - it seems that was the case with me. I've not had many periods since the D&C (only 2 in 6 months), so I'm hoping my lining is not thick again.

Being on the provera is supposed to help this - but honestly I'm tired of being on it - it's not the bio-identical, so I think it causes things like bloating/breast tenderness/pms like symptoms.

Hope this helps

Old 01-30-2009, 09:04 AM   #3
(female)

lovecanada HB User
Re: Thick uterine lining

Thank you so very much for your quick response...truly appreciate it! I am going to have another US after this period is over. I am so scared and am finding it very hard to deal with this situation. I have been perimenopausal for almost 6-years now and have been coping w/migraines, palpitations just fine. This US report just threw me and I've been reading all kinds of things on the net which put me in a panic mode. Your reply really helped. Thank you!

Closed Thread