It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2009, 09:31 AM   #1
(female)

diannemc HB User
Night sweats

I am waking up at least 5 to six times a night..I am so tired!!! what is the best thing for this....?? Natural things...The doctor said he could put me on hormones but scared of them..Thanks

Old 01-30-2009, 10:09 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Night sweats

I don't know if my experience is typical, but I got through the sweats within several weeks (could have been 6 or so), and they are very seldom now. I am feeling fine now, without any hormones 3 months later.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2009, 06:38 AM   #3
(female)

kymi7 HB User

I wish I could get some sleep. I am so exhausted all the time. Right now, I sitting in front of the TV ( and of course replying to the post) but feel as though I could fall asleep for days, but once I lay down I get one or two at best. Then the muscles aches and back pain start and it' ridiculous. Another wonderful symptom in the past week.....my skin is so dry and paper thin! Big black circles under my eyes. I would say ask about the AMBIEN but it only really helped for a couple of months and now doesn't work as well.....probably tolerance.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:27 AM   #4
(female)

LisaH1960 HB User

Hi Dianne,
Night sweats were the killer for me too- not that I wasn’t having plenty of daytime flashes, but the lack of sleep got so bad that I wasn’t able to function at work. Some days I couldn’t even go in.

I had been reluctant to start HRT because of the scary stuff I’d read, but by last August my quality of life had gotten so bad by then that I decided to give it a try. It did help quite a bit with the flashes and sweats, and I was sleeping better. But before long my breasts started to swell, and got so sore that it hurt to shower, and would wake me up when I rolled over. Then my knees and hips started to ache all the time, and by December I had put on 10 lbs, and my lower legs and feet were swelling (I had CANKLES!).

I was already considering quitting, when I read an article that said that HRT DOUBLES your risk for breast cancer. I thought about my aching boobs, and that was it- I quit cold turkey. I started looking at alternatives like soy and black cohosh products, but wasn’t thrilled with what I read. A lot of women said they didn’t help much if at all, and even then they said you have to take them for at least six weeks before you can hope to see improvement.

By Christmas the hot flashes and night sweats were back and worse than ever. We were out of town for the holiday, and I was desperate. I remembered that one Woman had highly recommended Wisdom Menopause Formula, so I ordered a bottle <removed>.

I’ve been taking it for about a month now, and I was surprised at how fast it worked. The night sweats stopped right away, and the flashes have gone to almost zero, even better than they had been on the HRT. I’ve also noticed that I’m on a much more even keel emotionally, which is great, because at times I really thought I was ready for a straight jacket!

The pain in my breasts and joints is gone now, along with the swelling in my ankles. I still have a few extra pounds to lose, but overall I’m feeling better than I have in a long time.

Lisa

Last edited by mod-anon; 01-31-2009 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Please read and follow the posting rules

Old 01-31-2009, 10:49 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User

I have never heard of Wisdom Menopause Formula so looked it up and it sure looks great. I had tried so many natural things that never helped that I went on HRT a few years back and it made a huge difference. I have since backed way off them and still managing pretty good but scared to go off them totally, so maybe I will look at getting some of this. I understand what it is like to have so many night sweats that you just get no sleep and can't function at work the next day. Thanx for the information.
Julie

Old 02-01-2009, 12:17 PM   #6
(female)

LisaH1960 HB User

Hi Julie!

If you do decide to give it a try, please let me know how it works for you. It has been such a blessing to me, and I really hope that itíll work for you as well.

I just started on my second bottle. I ordered two, bought an extra one that I sent to my sister who is 63 and has been suffering with meno symptoms for over 10 years. Weíre not as close as we should be, she lives across the country and I only see her every other year at the family reunions Ė when we can both make it.

She had a bad experience with HRT like I did, and refuses to even consider trying hormones again. She said she asked her gyn how long she would be dealing with this, and was told that it could be for the rest of her life. How depressing!

Her main complaint is the hot flashes and the night sweats, which are still raging, but I get the feeling that sheís still having emotional issues, and from the sound of it, it really seems to be wearing her down. I canít imagine suffering like that for so long!

Iíll let you know how itís working for her as soon as she gets back to me.

Lisa

Old 02-01-2009, 02:45 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User

Lisa, I will let you know. I am thinking about making an order today. I hope it helps your sister. I think women under great stresses have HF and NS for much longer and 10 years is way to long but she isn't alone I am sure. Well I have dealt with it for about 9 years I guess. 11 years ago I had a hysterectomy leaving my ovaries, but within 2 years I was having hot flashes. They sure can wear you down, it's the not sleeping because of Night Sweats that wears me out. Take care.
Julie

Closed Thread