It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2009, 11:44 AM   #1
(female)

DSenior HB User
Feel Like I am going insane

Hello. I am 44 years old and have had a horrible past four months and then finally a doctor ran hormone tests and told me that my hormones showed that I was almost through the perimenopause phase according to their averages. Does not want me to take hormones because I am so young. I have horrible anxiety, my digestive system is never happy. I am too cold/to hot depending on the time of day, but at one point I became so physically ill this winter that I was actually put in the hospital. I have hypothyroid and they think that played a role in my being so young but my question is has anyone else here ever become so physically sick because of the hormone issues and if so what did you do about it? The digestion problem is huge for me. The anxiety I can deal with for the most part. When you wake up in the morning and you are so dizzy and so overwhelming nauseated...it is unreal.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Laye HB UserLaye HB UserLaye HB User
Re: Feel Like I am going insane

I feel horrible, too. I have all the symptoms you do plus some. I'm so depressed and unmotivated about life in general. I just don't seem to care about much. I can barely do anything anymore...And I feel worn out and old. Just old. I hate this so much. I have lost my zest for life. I'm trying to eat well..exercise and it still makes no difference. My hair has changed..it's lifeless and thin. My digestive track is messed up..I have to pee all the time..I'm anxious..I feel vulnerable..I never want to go anywhere or make plans with people because I just never feel like doing them..I'm a mess. And I don't know where to turn or what to trust. I've tried the creams..BC pills..Prometerium..nothing seems to work for me. The thought of feeling like this for the next 5 years is leaving me hopeless. And I'm irritable..everyone is bugging me and suddenly I just don't want to help people anymore..like my family. I'm like..leave me alone and do it yourself..I don't have the energy. I'm really struggling right now like never before.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2009, 09:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User

Welcome DSenior, Thyroid issues are a very common problem with woman going into menopause. The thyroid and menopause can cause some of the hot/cold problems and are so typical of peri menopause. For the anxiety I take fish, flax, and borage softgels every day and they have helped me alot (I was also having panic attacks.) I am sorry you have had to be hospitalized. For me quality of life is very important. I had to weigh the options before taking a HRT but I was so miserable everyday that I just could not take another day like that. I tried many OTC supplements but found they just didn't work for me so went on Premarin and it helped so much. I have since backed way off it and managing ok. Do your research and talk with your Dr. about options for you. You might try some natural supplements first but they will take a while to help. Hang in there, you are not alone. Check in again.
Julie

Old 02-05-2009, 06:54 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User

Hi Ladies,

I'd like to offer something for the digestive issues - I had this really bad for alomst a year - I found two thing that helped. I didn't know that I was lactose intolerant but when I cut out 90% of dairy products it helped 90%. I've since heard that this can become a problem with age - even if you never had the issue before.
Next - I started taking a probiotic supplement - the 'good stuff' that you get from yogurt. I started taking these and saw even more improvement. Now that I have it under control I mostly eat yogurt every day - but if things start to act up I'll start on the probotics again.

I also try and stay awary from refined sugar, candy ,sweets etc.. - this will really put me in a bad way - I'm usually pretty good, but the holiday's are killers.

Hope this helps.

Mary

Old 02-23-2009, 07:10 AM   #5
(female)

AylasMom HB User

Laye;
How are you doing now, and if you are feeling better, what made the biggest difference. I hate this vulnerable feeling. I used to be fearless!

Last edited by mod-anon; 02-23-2009 at 08:01 AM. Reason: removed quote

Old 02-24-2009, 06:14 AM   #6
(female)

DSenior HB User

I have good days and bad days. The chest pains and heart palps are driving me insane. We haven't been able to get my thyroid meds exactly right but it is better. I have been eating the probiotic yogurts and my stomache is better. I have a headache most every day. My skin on my legs itches so bad and is so dry. I love this!!! I will be glad when it mellows out.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:43 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Hi Ladies, I have all these symptoms right now so bad that I just want to lay down and cry...and sometimes die. I don't really want to die. But I feel so bad, I really do. No one around here understands. I feel ill all the time. So many things feel wrong with me.

Tomorrow the Endo doctor will take my blood for the very first time. Although I have been hypothyroid for 4 years. It was diagnosed by my regular doctor and kept under control under her care. But not my life is spinning out of control. More things are coming into play. I am 44 and definately in Perimenopause. I just found out I am low on Vitamin D, so I am all screwed up with that. I just had the most horrific cold/flu for a week. So that made me feel rotton. But I have developed bad digestive track trouble. I even had a scope done a month ago and they found nothing wrong in there. I have allergies that have gotten worse with age, lactose intolerant, IBS, occasional hot flushed face or a night sweat or two, TONS of PANIC and ANXIETY!! heart palpatations (sometimes) a headache tonight that feels hormonal, shakiness, dizziness, heck I can't even keep track of all the symptoms.

I am scared for the doctor to run tests on my blood, it feels like every level in my body must be off. I just want to figure out what is wrong with me. It's the only way to find out.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:05 AM   #8
(female)

Renae610 HB User

Tedds83, I understand. Run medical tests for a general idea where you're at, but those tests aren't as sensitive as we need to intricately guide recovery. If you can financially afford natural healthcare, get an EDS (electrodermal screening)test or BioMeridian Biofeedback test and the supplements & dosages it finds compatible for your body's needs. Otherwise, the ZRT Lab's saliva test of hormones, adrenals, thyroid, etc.is good, and under the supervision of an integrative doctor, for adrenals use Dr. James Wilson's Adrenal supplement, for thyroid use Apex's Energetic's TerrainZyme Thyro-Zyme, and get a good balance of Omega 3,6,9 (Krill oil is highly recommended). Get all the B vitamins. The Great Smokies Lab is good for gut issues, most importantly, if you have Leaky Gut Syndrome or an imbalance of gut flora which causes Candida (yeast) overgrowth or fungal infection. You may need probiotics and digestive enzymes. Get allergies & food sensitivities tested. Treat everything with appropriate diet changes. Detoxify. Extremely low Vit D threw my whole system off, but within 3-4 months of 20-30 minutes of daily sunshine and taking Biotics Research's Bio-D Mulsion Forte, I improved. Hope this helps!

Old 03-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #9
(female)

jacqbuck HB User

I too had the bad nausea and could hardly eat at all when mine was at it's worse. Anxiety, could not go to work or drive, cried all the time. Words can not explain what I went through. What brought me out of that part of it to where I could cope with life was this. A doctor had me do this. I would have to take a zanax and a phenagan for nausea wait 30 minutes and then take a Zoloft. They had tried me on the zoloft and it would make me so nauseated it was unreal, I mean for days. (I had took it in the past and could not understand why it was doing that. Probably because my nerves were so bad and the anxiety.) By doing the zanax and phenagan it helped me to tolorate the zoloft. So after about a week or so I could just take the zoloft and that helped me to come out of that terrible place I was in. I took zoloft for about a year then gradually came off of it. It just helped me get through that period. Now I have lorazapam and just take it when needed for anxiety. I can go weeks and weeks and not have to take it then have a spell where I do. I went 5 months with out a cycle recently then had 2 in Jan and 1 in Feb. That got me started having some anxiety again, I guess the hormones fluctuating.
It is not a pleasant time we all go through.

Last edited by jacqbuck; 03-03-2009 at 12:27 PM.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:14 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Laye HB UserLaye HB UserLaye HB User

AylasMom..

Yes. I think that is the worst. Feeling so vulnerable. I'm so terrified of every little thing now. Even taking long car trips. I just don't get it? It feels like no matter what I do it's not helping. I am seeing an Endo this month and I'm going to demand she gives me something. I truly hate getting up in the morning feeling like this day in and day out. Nothing..and I mean nothing makes me happy. I have no motivation other than to lie around..don't wanna go out..get dressed up..do anything. It's just the worst time...I do crave sweets and chocolate and I know that is not helping. It's the only thing I want to eat..nothing else.

Closed Thread