It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2009, 11:48 AM   #1
(female)

onewayherway HB User
Lightbulb Itching and buzzing feelings in my feet

I have had the buzzing in my feet for about 3 months but before that started I had an itchy spot on the bottom of my foot. I still have the itchy spot and the buzzing. When to the Dr. and he thinks it is exzema although it doesn't look like anything just itches. I have tried the B complex 100 which seemed to have helped with the fuzzy thinking. I am trying not to drink milk but am having problems because I love tea with milk. I am going to try adding magnesium and B 12 and see if that helps. I have had restless leg since childhood so am used to it. I just hate the itching though. Anyone else have itching and buzzing?

Last edited by mod-anon; 02-06-2009 at 09:25 PM. Reason: starting a new thread with this post.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User
Re: Dairy connection?

Oneway,

Itching, buzzing sensations, are symptoms of Lyme disease, which is reaching epidemic proporations in some parts of the US, and in my personal opinion, the United Kingdom, despite both governments doing little about it.

Vitamin supplements may help (as may a change in diet), but they will only treat the symptoms and not cure the condition. Antibiotics are needed to treat lyme.

Oh, and welcome to the boards!!
Bethsheba

Last edited by bethsheba; 02-06-2009 at 06:48 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2009, 07:09 PM   #3
(female)

onewayherway HB User
Re: Dairy connection?

I have no other symptoms of Lymes disease. My main problems are all related to allergies and menopause. It seems likely the itchy foot and buzzing are likely related to those things. The itchy doesn't keep me awake, just is annoying, the buzzing can keep me awake but isn't too bad. Hot flashes are worse.
The thing is everyone knows about mood swings, lower sex drive, hot flashes, fuzzy thinking but the buzzing feet is not well known so takes people off guard. Dr.s don't seem to be aware of the symptom either

Old 02-07-2009, 07:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User
Re: Itching and buzzing feelings in my feet

Welcome onewayherway, I have had problems with internal shaking since hitting menopause and it sounds like the same thing as the buzzing feet. I have not found anything that I noticed helped but it has gotten better. The magnesium is good to add and that might help. As for the itching, I do have a foot that inches for months and then clears up, it shows no sign of anything wrong with it so the Dr. couldn't really treat it. Try using a anti itch cream a few times a day for a while and see if that helps. Sorry I wish I had something better that would help.
Julie

Closed Thread