It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2009, 05:20 PM   #1
(female)

misstlynn HB User
Is this a hot flash?

I was wondering if this is a hot flash. I woke up in the middle of the night to a panic feeling and the inside of my body was shaking. Not outside but like my muscles were shaking. My hands were sweating and I felt weak. My heart rate was up and I felt sick to my stomach. This went on for about a good 15 minutes. Now today I am getting chills off and on. Can this also be a sort of flash but not hot. It is worrying me. Help!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2009, 06:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User
Re: Is this a hot flash?

No it is not a hot flash, although, I'm sure others here would disagree.

The symptoms are similar to those experienced by some with lyme's disease, but other conditons can cause them as well.

Bethsheba

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

It is not a hot flash as in a menopause symptom. It sounds like you need to go see the doctor asap.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User

Welcome to the board Misstlynn, What you described here is what has happened to me more or less. It sounds to me like night sweats or even a panic attack. With your heart rate up I would say maybe more like a panic attack. I have the internal shaking and sometimes it lasts 15 minutes but can last hours and I can get the chills with them or alone. Try and take a deep breath and relax when it happens, for me I get up and walk around a little bit and it sometimes helps with the internal shaking. Wish I could be more help,
Julie

Old 02-09-2009, 07:52 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnD View Post
It is not a hot flash as in a menopause symptom. It sounds like you need to go see the doctor asap.
Well said...and I agree.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:58 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I C Hot View Post
... I have the internal shaking and sometimes it lasts 15 minutes but can last hours and I can get the chills with them or alone....
Julie
Although I'm sure other conditions can cause these symptoms, the combination of internal shaking (purring/vibrating/etc.), chills, and feelings of panic are classic symptoms of lyme disease.

The only place where I've seen the symptoms of shaking/vibrations/chills respond to treatment is on the Lyme boards when these symptoms would ease or disappear with antibiotic treatment...

The hormonal changes in Menopause may bring previously dormant "lyme bugs" into action...but chances are, the bugs were "alive and well" previously but brushed off as common conditions like candida, yeast, flu, etc.

Last edited by bethsheba; 02-09-2009 at 08:00 AM.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:34 PM   #7
(female)

misstlynn HB User

I have experienced vivid dreams with anxiety that have caused me to wake at night but not with the internal shaking and the sweating hands. I think that might have made me panic. I had a diffucult time going to sleep last night for fear it might happen again. I hope this doesn't become a habit. I have been to cardio doc and also see a neurologist for migraines. I have problems with palps and an occasional racing heart. My cardio thinks the racing is from low blood pressure. I see my neurologist next month. i will ask about the shakes. Thanks for the replies.
Bethsheba--my sister had lyme disease. I know that it can be hard to diagnose. You need a western blot test to be sure of the diagnosis.

Last edited by misstlynn; 02-09-2009 at 05:38 PM.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:47 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Vivid dreams, panic and anxiety, sleep problems, migraines, heart palps, racing hearts, and low blood pressure are all symptoms of Lyme disease...Lyme disease also can affect one's periods...for some reason things can "flare up" about the same time you're having a period...and some women have a lot of irregularities concerning their periods when they have lyme.
you're ahead of the game if you know how difficult it is to diagnose, and you know about the western blot.

Don't waste any time...see a LLMD and have the western blot done!

Good luck and please, keep in touch. Others will benefit from your knowledge and your experience.

PS I have posted on the high/low blood pressure for boards for over 2 years....I'm no cardio, but I'd be willing to be your bp is a result of Lyme!

Last edited by bethsheba; 02-09-2009 at 07:59 PM.

Closed Thread