It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #1
(female)

Kim1959 HB User
Concerned - no period but no menopause?

Hi Everyone,
I'm Kim from NH. I'm almost 50, haven't had a period in over 7 months, and was pretty sure it was menopause. My Dr. tested for it, and I'm definitely not in menopause. She is worried about uterine cancer because my mom had it. I'm terrified! I am really, completely terrified. Any thoughts or ideas for me? I'm going for a pelvic ultrasound tomorrow. Will this show cancer?
Thanks for your help and support...so happy I found you all.

Last edited by mod-anon; 02-12-2009 at 12:46 PM. Reason: starting a new thread with this post.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User
Re: Concerned - no period but no menopause?

Welcome here Kim, I am glad your Dr. is doing a ultrasound so you can move past that. Hormone levels can fluctuate from hour to hour so in my opinion you can not rely on a blood test to call it menopause or not call it menopause. Are you having any symptoms of menopause? Please check back and let us know what the ultrasound shows but don't be surprised if all is well, that will be my prayer for you. Hang in there,
Julie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2009, 05:56 PM   #3
(female)

glemis HB User
Re: Concerned - no period but no menopause?

Why do doctors do this? My sister just went through this. She went to her doctor for a simple gynecological problem and BAM they tested her for uterine cancer. She spent two weeks in a panic waiting for the results and thank god they were negative. It seems that anymore you go to the doctor and they immediately test for cancer. I went to a urologist to get some answers on why I was having frequent urination and one of the first things I got tested for was kidney cancer. Geez, I know there is fear of heights, fear of flying. I'm beginning to get a fear of going to the doctor!

Kim, try to relax. Most of the time it's nothing. Get tested to ease your mind but in the meantime focus on your life and keep busy.

Joyce

Closed Thread