It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2009, 07:28 AM   #1
(female)

dabi2 HB User
menopause

I,m 40ys old now.5 yrs ago I stated having dizzy spells/seeing spots,getting tingles,ect.,only 1 day before my per. and 2 days through.4 yrs ago I had 3 full blown seiziers(convultions,ect.) all during this same time.went to many tests and lots of money with the results being "no problems" I have all other symptoms with very painful headaces and backaches but still getting a normal period. Any ideas? thanks

Last edited by dabi2; 02-16-2009 at 09:18 AM. Reason: missing info

Old 02-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User
Re: menopause

dabi,

Welcome to the boards!

Because your doctors have found nothing, because you live in New York, and because of your symptoms, I would suggest you rule out Lyme Disease which is an epidemic in your state, and which can cause the symptoms you've experienced.

Contrary to what others (posters and doctors alike) may say, these are not symptoms of menopause....that's not to say that the hormonal fluctuations of menopause isn't making them worse...but they are not menopausal symptoms.

Good Luck!

Bethsheba

Last edited by bethsheba; 02-16-2009 at 07:57 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2009, 06:08 AM   #3
(female)

dabi2 HB User

HI thanks for the reply.I'm not sure what they are but I'm thinking it has to be related to the dry skin,hot/cold,painful sex,with no disire,odd behavior,and very painful cramps.I've been researching it and can't find anything like it,but I can't be the only one this has ever hap.to, so I'm trying to narrow it down before another $10,000. is down the tubes. Thanks again for any info.

Last edited by mod-anon; 02-17-2009 at 06:17 AM. Reason: removed quote

Old 02-17-2009, 08:11 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabi2 View Post
... but I'm thinking it has to be related to the dry skin,hot/cold,painful sex,with no disire,odd behavior,and very painful cramps.I've been researching it and can't find anything like it,but I can't be the only one this has ever hap.to, so I'm trying to narrow it down before another $10,000. is down the tubes. ...
All these symptoms can be related to Lyme Disease!! If you are serious about getting to the root of your problem, I'd advise doing some reading about Lyme, and consulting a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor who would most likely order a Western Blot through Igenex Labs (to my knowledge is about the only lab that specializes in testing for lyme and coinfections). I don't know what their fees are but someone on the boards mentioned $350...but I don't know what this included.

For a number of reasons, it is very difficult to diagnose Lyme...and what complicates matters even more is the fact that most doctors don't think of "looking" for it even though it is an epidemic in some parts of our country and in some parts of the world. Although Lyme is rampant in the NE states and in some parts of the Midwest, it has been found in every state in the United States.

Bethsheba

PS There are some women with symptoms similar to yours who post on this board...it may be the hormonal fluctuations of menopause may make the symptoms worse, but again, these are not symptoms of menopause.

Last edited by bethsheba; 02-17-2009 at 08:13 AM.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:00 AM   #5
(female)

dabi2 HB User

Thanks again. I'll look into it. Also my boyfriend has had lymes for 10yrs now so I'll check with his doc. I'll give an update so maybe it will help someone else.

Closed Thread