It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2009, 01:05 PM   #1
(female)

Mstic1 HB User
Another issue - acne!

Hi everyone,

Well poop - now my face is all broken out

I have all these little tiny bumps all over my cheeks and jawline. I have tried a few different cleansers but nothing seems to be working.

If I decide to go on hormone replacement, do you think it will clear up?

My doctor did call in a prescription for Vivelle-Dot and Prometrium but I can't pick them up until next week when I get paid.

This is so frusterating.

Mstic1

Last edited by Mstic1; 04-07-2009 at 06:51 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2009, 03:23 PM   #2
(female)

gloriousgirl HB User
Re: Another issue - acne!

I have the exact same thing with acne ! around the cheeks - jawbone... I've even gotten them on my chest & back shoulders ! hate it !!!! This should only happen when we're teens ! I am turning 46 in June & have had hot sweats since 30 yrs of age - I am active in fitness & competed in body building (figures competition 2 times since age 43) It has been as of the last 3 mths things have really changed in my body... swollen breasts- bloating, lack of sex, headaches, aching back, acne, hot sweats, depression - you name it. I went to see my doctor on Friday about it ... right now before trying any NHT - I am taking vit B6 & Vit D along with the stuff at Walmart I found for premenopausal... not sure how these things will help - but thought I would mention it... I am someone who would rather stay away from Prescriptions & try natural remedies first. I make sure to take a woman's multi, take lots of Esther C along with B50 as well as selenium, chromium (something I have used since I did Dr Atkins diet when I was 36 & lost 45 lbs doing it) of course when you compete it is the opposite - low fat diet & high protein. I also take Calcium/mag for my bones along with evening primrose oil... not sure if this helps you at all - I'm just really getting into the Vit B6 (100 mg), perimenopausal pills & Vit D (1000 iu) I am going to give it a month to see if I notice a difference... let me know how you make out with your choice in what you do... especially with the acne ! I too thought it might be something I was using to wash/cleanse my face or something I was eating & was allergic to - as these pimples are a different kind almost - mine have turned into sores some times... how bout you ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2009, 09:32 AM   #3
(female)

iove2iuvya HB User

Hey guys!!! I am 25 and have an FSH level of 61. I haven't been diagnosed with anything YET but I just wanted to mention that I too have a different kind of acne. They get pretty big and under the skin and they aren't the kind that will pop but they are very sore. I also have been getting them on the back of my neck! No fun. :/

Old 02-27-2009, 10:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

I didn't really have acne but my pores got really big and in photographs my forehead was red and shiny. I thought I was just having another hot flash. Dermatologist said I had roceasa and treated me with chemical peels. It worked and took care of some wrinkles. goody

Closed Thread