It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2009, 07:19 AM   #1
(female)

pixie102 HB User
Unhappy Can anyone help me?

I don't think I'm pre-menopausal yet. However, I have all the symptoms described in the middle of my cycle during ovulation.

Heart palpitations
shortness of breath
nausea/complete loss of appetite
lightheadedness/dizziness
insomnia (I wake up at 3 in the morning every single night)
digestive problems
anxiety/panic attacks
shakiness internally

It's very debilitating to my everyday life. The heart palpitations and loss of appetite scare me the most. I am losing weight and I don't want to, I have to force myself to eat. And the heart palpitations are just scary.

I'm very exhausted emotionally, physically, mentally over this...probably mainly due to my lack of normal sleep patterns.

What is the earliest age that perimenopause can start?
It feels as if the more time goes by, the worse it gets, even month to month.
Could it be some underlying condition? Or just hormones?
My thyroid was checked and it was normal.

I just want to feel normal again.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User
Re: Can anyone help me?

Welcome pixie102, You asked what the youngest that Peri can start? Well I have heard of women in the 20's starting peri but that is not the typical case. Some of the issues do sound peri but I would make a appointment with your doctor and discuss these, especially if they are getting worse every month. You don't say your age. Sorry I am not more help, I hope you are feeling better soon,
Julie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2009, 05:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Well Pixie you certainly have all the symptoms that many of us in Peri have. Ugh! I have all those. It's awful. I don't know how to get it under control. I am having more hormones checked tomorrow as well as all my levels. I just can't go on like this. I just can't!

Old 02-25-2009, 06:54 AM   #4
(female)

pixie102 HB User

I am in my late 20s.

It gets to the point where I have to call in sick to work because I am so ill-feeling. It's really effecting my everyday life.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:32 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User

pixie102, I feel bad for you, it is bad enough dealing with these symptoms when you are in your 40's and 50's but you are to young for that. I might recommend a couple supplements then: fish, flax and borage (you can take just fish) that has helped me with sleeping better, but mostly has helped with the anxiety and panic attacks I was having. I have found a good digestive aide that has made a huge improvement for my tummy issues and heartburn. I wish I could help on the other issues especially the internal shaking, I have that and have not found anything that has truly helped me. You might talk with a Naturalpathic Dr., that is what I did and he helped me find a couple things that really worked. Take care and check back in.
Julie

Old 02-25-2009, 09:14 AM   #6
(female)

painterly59 HB User

Hi Pixie, Sorry you're feeling so bad. Since you are so young and you've had your thyroid tested... I'm wondering if your symptoms might reflect an eating disorder. You didn't say if you are seriously underweight but your low appetite, sleeplessness etc. can be signs of anorexia. Forgive me if I'm totally on the wrong track here but I recognize this list of symptoms from young women I've known who have struggled with eating disorders. All the very best to you. painterly59

Closed Thread