It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2009, 09:41 PM   #1
(female)

smvdelv HB User
No period since November, but spotting

Hi,

I am 51 and haven't had a "real" period since November 17th (before that, they were irregular - every couple of months or so). That period, like several before it, was really heavy for one day, then eased right up, and stopped about 3 days later. November 28th, I started bleeding again out of the blue, but only for about 2 hours and not heavy - more like heavy spotting. Fast forward to January 19th, when I started spotting again for about a week - no real period, not even enough for more than one tampon a day. Feb. 12th - again with the hour or two of light bleeding, then nothing until the 21st. Since then I have had very light spotting every day, but when I say light, it might be a matter of seeing it on the toilet paper, or putting in a tampon (just to be safe) and seeing just a bit of blood.

2 - 3 years ago, I had an ultrasound which showed an enlarged uterus, so I had a biopsy which was negative. At that time, I had gone a couple of months without a period, which my ob/gyn said was probably the reason for the thickened uterine wall.

I guess my question is, is this random spotting/no period pattern normal before menopause? Will I have to keep having biopsies if this continues? Both my mother and sister had hysterectomies in their 40's so I can't look at history.

Thanks for any input. Of course, my mind starts racing, especially since I am away from all of my doctors!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2009, 06:09 PM   #2
(female)

smvdelv HB User
Red face Re: No period since November, but spotting

Me again...No spotting yesterday at all, so I'm thinking, okay, I'm done, when out of the blue, shopping today, I had this GUSH (and I was wearing a super plus tampon!). Let's just say it's a good thing I had on dark pants, was with my mom, and was in the car going home. It was awful, and now I sit here thinking about the "what ifs" (what if I were somewhere else, what if I had been in a store, at a party....).

And now, it seems like it has stopped again. HELP!

Old 03-01-2009, 01:18 AM   #3
(female)

Chantal231 HB User
Re: No period since November, but spotting

Hi, I'm sorry this is happening to you.

I would make an appointment with my Ob/Gyn as soon as possible.

I know from talking to my mom and my Dr that perimenopause can do crazy things to us; spotting, no period, heavy period from he**, skipping a month or several months, light periods, etc. However get checked out. It will help if you can talk to your Dr.

Good luck.

Chantal

Closed Thread