It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2009, 09:09 PM   #1
(female)

carmen33 HB User
i need help please....

My name is Carmen im 33 yrs old... i have had Endo for yrs now and im so tired of it all. About 4 yrs ago i had my first lap done...i had huge choc. cysts on my ovarys..he went ahead and did a partial hysterectomy on me and then i started hurting again, same pain.. he did another lap on me, he didnt get all the endo.. he said that he would not do a full hysto on me because of my age, i changed drs. She went ahead and did the complete hysto, then after awhile same pain went back and she said well you need another lap done and i dont feel comfortable doing this,, changed drs again..I just had my 3rd lap done last week..The dr. went in and found that the dr. that did my complete left some of my ovary in and i have endo. coveringthat area. He told me to stay off my estrogen because that feeds the Endo. and that he wanted to put me on that lupronshot to put me through menopause..im running out of patience and drs. it seems.. if anyone could help me or has opinions on what i should do please let me know.. im so tired of this putting myu life on hold.. thanks

Old 02-27-2009, 07:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User
Re: i need help please....

Welcome carmen33,

Your story could have been me writing it. I had a hysterectomy at age 35 because of endo. I had tried many things before that but the pain also came back. I did do the lupronshots for 6 months and they seemed to help for a while but as soon as coming off them the pain was back. After the hysterectomy (left the ovaries in but they quit working 2 years later) the pain returning yet again, I did a lot of research and found that by giving up sugar and white flour you could get rid of the pain, so I did it, now it took a few months before I started to see a difference but that was 11 years ago and I am still pain free. I do take premarin and it hasn't made the endo worse I just never went back to sugar and white flour. Hope that gives you some hope, I do understand how frustrating this is and just not knowing what road to go down. Take care,
Julie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2009, 07:30 AM   #3
(female)

carmen33 HB User

Julie thank you so much for those hopeful words, it means so much to have someone understand exactly what you are going through

Old 02-28-2009, 08:22 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User

Your welcome, I agree that it is helpful to know that someone else has been right where you are and has managed a way to survive it, there is hope. Keep checking in and let me know how you are doing.
Julie

Closed Thread