It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2009, 08:19 AM   #1
(female)

GBug HB User
Psycho II (Not the Movie)

Hi everyone...things are getting worse...I've been going through obvious peri symptoms for 3 years 3 months. In the past 2 weeks, I am having terrible, scary mood swings....like permanent PMS but worse. This morning I woke up and thought about leaving my job, my husband, my family and just running away. None of them have tried to be supportive. If I bring up how difficult a time I am having now, they all start lecturing me. This may sound like a pity party to you, but I'm not like that. I've never felt this way in my life. My attitude this week is "to hell with everyone else, I've got to take care of ME".

I have fibroids and can't take HRT and wouldn't want to if I could. I feel like I am losing it. My period started 8 days ago and has never gone over 3 days before...it is still going.....I've never had mood swings after I started my period..
Now, 8 days later I'm on the brink again. I just want to get in my car and leave. My behavior and thoughts are totally irrational. I realize that, at least.

BTW, I've never had any sort of mental problem before. Is this hormones or am I going crazy???? HELP!

Old 03-03-2009, 08:54 AM   #2
(female)

GBug HB User
Re: Psycho II (Not the Movie)

BTW, I forgot to mention that I'm 50 years, 7 months old. I have fibroids so my doctor won't prescribe anything.

I've always been a strong person but now I feel like a crazed woman!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2009, 11:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User

What about bioidentical hormones? I've been using a bioidentical progesterone cream for a couple of months that's working great for me. Before using it, I had many of the same symptoms as you. In fact, reading your post was like looking into a mirror! I even have a fibroid.

Last edited by kittywitty; 03-03-2009 at 11:48 AM.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:57 PM   #4
(female)

GBug HB User

Thanks for the reply, Kittywitty. I did reply to your post earlier..maybe I didn't presss the submit button.

I don't know anything about bioidentical hormones...maybe it's time I start reading. I think I've heard Suzanne Somers promote the use of bioidentical hormones. I was hoping I could make it through this without anything but I'm having doubts now. I might make it through without a job, husband, family...
Why is it that nobody even tries to understand except other women?

I snap at my husband, he snaps back, then I snap back harder, etc. If he could be a bit sympathetic and just ACKNOWLEDGE that this must be tough on me, maybe I wouldn't be so eager to fight back. It's like he resents me because of something my body is doing. Most men are just plain selfish.

Maybe this is why so many women decide they don't want to be married anymore? I can totally understand that. Sorry to ramble on....just venting...

Thanks for "listening".

Last edited by mod-anon; 03-04-2009 at 08:43 PM. Reason: removed quote

Old 03-03-2009, 06:41 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User

GBug, No I don't think this is a pity party for you, I know for me I felt for a long time that I was going insane. I snapped at everyone and I am sure nobody wanted to be around me for more then a few minutes. I do take Premarin and it helped alot but I have backed way off taking it and still managing ok. Since you can't take a HRT you might try Acupuncture or bioidentical hormones. I know that Acupuncture has helped some women a lot through the menopause time as biodentical hormones has helped many women too. Do some reading and try and find something to help you, maybe even go to a naturpathic doctor in your area. Just know you are not alone. I hope you find something, take care.
Julie

Old 03-04-2009, 10:49 AM   #6
(female)

tania32 HB User

Hi GBug,
I can really empathize with you. I too am going thru the exact same thing. Mood swings like crazy. I feel like my husband should be more sympathetic.EVERYTHING he doe is driving me nuts, The thing is that I realize what I am doing but cant seem to help it.
Also my period is now going over the usual 3-4 days to almost two weeks!!!! I am scared and confused.
I did post a message last nite too.
Hey, hang in there. keep me posted. We are woman and we have to stick together at this time.
Love, Tania

Last edited by mod-anon; 03-04-2009 at 08:44 PM. Reason: removed quote

Old 03-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

You're welcome, Gbug -

Yes, I'd say definitely get familiar with how bioidentical hormones work by researching and reading everything you can. Then go ahead and ask your doctor about them. If he won't listen to you or your concerns, or worse yet laughs at you (yes, this happened to one poor woman on this board), keep looking for one that will listen. By the way, fibroids are actually a symptom of a hormone imbalance. As for your husband, I feel ya on that. I wish just for one day (or even an hour) mine could trade places with me and be the woman and see how it feels. He has gotten a lot better, though, and he tries to understand to the best of his ability being a man. However, he still says stupid things like 'Maybe you should go back on something' when he gets frustrated with me. By 'on something' he means antidepressants. It's like: Hellooo! What do you think contributed to my low testosterone problem? Being on Prozac for eight years that's what! Well, that and being on the pill for 18 years. The pill also suppresses the body's ability to make progesterone, which I'm also low in. Ironic, isn't it? I swear, if it weren't for being on those meds all those years, I seriously don't think I'd be going through this this early in my life. I could be wrong, but I don't think it helped my situation. I'm only 38, by the way. As far as marriage goes, this is my first one and I'd never do it again. It's way too much work. I don't think I'd even live with anyone again. Anyway, good luck and keep us posted.

Last edited by kittywitty; 03-04-2009 at 01:25 PM.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:36 PM   #8
(female)

GBug HB User

Thanks, Tania! We certainly do have to stick together.

I'm having the same husband "issues". "Everything" mine is doing, well almost, is driving me nuts. When he eats cereal, he crunches too loud...the same with chips...everything I ask him to do, he does half-way. I've never been such a B in my life. He knows it's not the real me, but doesn't do a darn thing to help. It's times like these that the husband's should really do little, special things.

I'm feeling a little less crazy today! Thank God! Who knows what tomorrow may bring....

Thanks again, Tania. Hope you are feeling great and happy today!

Old 03-04-2009, 12:39 PM   #9
(female)

GBug HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by I C Hot View Post
.... Since you can't take a HRT you might try Acupuncture or bioidentical hormones. I know that Acupuncture has helped some women a lot through the menopause time as biodentical hormones has helped many women too. Do some reading and try and find something to help you, maybe even go to a naturpathic doctor in your area. Just know you are not alone. I hope you find something, take care.
Julie

Thank you very much, Julie! I never even thought about acupuncture. I will do some reading. I bought 3 books about menopause and read them all but they were overly-simplistic. Thanks for your suggestions! Take care!!

Last edited by mod-anon; 03-04-2009 at 08:45 PM. Reason: editing quote

Old 03-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBug View Post
I'm having the same husband "issues". "Everything" mine is doing, well almost, is driving me nuts. When he eats cereal, he crunches too loud...the same with chips...
Hahaha, I feel ya!

Old 03-04-2009, 12:55 PM   #11
(female)

GBug HB User

Hello, Kittywitty...how cute is that waving smiley! It sure brightened my day.

First of all, my GYN is a female in her late 50s. She will definitely laugh because my last visit, I told her about my symptoms (which weren't that bad compared to now) and she laughed and said "you've gotta be tough"...followed by "you can handle this without anything". She told me she sailed right through menopause without having to take anything. I asked her for some water pills a few weeks ago because I was retaining alot of fluid. This is the first thing I have requested in 3.5 years of this. Her nurse called me back and said that the doctor didn't want to prescribe anything but she would give me a prescription for the lowest-strength water pill prescribible.
Whatever!

I agree with you. There is no way I would ever get married again if something should happen to my husband or we decided to split. They are not worth it. I'd rather spend my last years traveling with a male companion/friend. No way in h*ll I'll marry again!!!

Can you imagine if our husbands went through just one of our worst days?

You are going through this at an early age!!! Well, the bright side is look at the extra years that you won't have to deal with a period, PMS, perimenopause, etc. Keep smiling and be happy!!

We'll get through this!!

Last edited by mod-anon; 03-04-2009 at 08:45 PM. Reason: removed quote

Old 03-04-2009, 01:15 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBug View Post

Can you imagine if our husbands went through just one of our worst days
Yes, they'd hide in the house all day until it was over!

Sounds like your doctor likes to take a holistic approach. A lot of doctors aren't like that, so that's good in that respect. I'm actually all for that approach. I'm even hoping to go back to school for holistic medicine soon. I hate taking meds and I haven't taken a prescription in over two years and I never want to take one again. There is such a thing as being too holistic, though. I mean, for her to say that 'she sailed right through menopause without having to take anything', well, that may have been how it was for her. However, one size does not fit all and some women need to take something, whether it be traditional HRT or bioidenticals, to balance things out.

Last edited by kittywitty; 03-04-2009 at 01:22 PM.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:18 PM   #13
(female)

dozeyrosie HB User

Hi g bug
its dozey Rosie here,I also have longer periods 12 days it was awful dark colour and i wasnt sure what was going on,When asked my doctor he said lets do an ECG. (what) any way i did and now its comfirmed i have a heart.
Im off now my husband has decided to read the paper to me i keep saying i read it this morning he still insists reading ,its great i can read what everyones doing it really helps Thanks Rosie

Old 03-04-2009, 02:26 PM   #14
(female)

GBug HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
Yes, they'd hide in the house all day until it was over!

Sounds like your doctor likes to take a holistic approach. A lot of doctors aren't like that, so that's good in that respect. I'm actually all for that approach........ However, one size does not fit all and some women need to take something, whether it be traditional HRT or bioidenticals, to balance things out.
I definitely agree with you on this, kitty! The reason I haven't read much or asked for anything other than the water pills is because I don't like taking anything. And, yes, one size does not fit all. "They" do say that no two women experience peri/meno the same way, right? Well, if that's truly the case, there is no cookie cutter solution for any of us.

I really do appreciate your comments and posts, as I do everyone else who has responded. It's just great that we've all got each other to compare notes.

Have a great evening!

Old 03-04-2009, 02:28 PM   #15
(female)

GBug HB User

So, everything is okay, Rosie? Thanks for your reply. I hope you are doing great!!!

Last edited by mod-anon; 03-04-2009 at 08:46 PM. Reason: removed quote

Closed Thread