It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2009, 02:59 AM   #1
(female)

charpo HB User
Feeling lifeless

I have not had a period for over 2 years. I am feeling lifeless. It feels like I am only doing the motions, but nothing else. I feel panicky, but am too lifeless to have the full blown panic. My mind feels dead. Maybe its just like I feel life is over. In the mornings before work I feel like I don't even want to get in the shower, or even get out of bed at all. I use to be a morning person. I do take clonopan as needed and have tried antidepressants and so far, without success. Most of them so far only make me feel like a zombie which I hate (because that's what I'm feeling now without taking them).

Please tell me this will pass and I'm not dying and there is still life to live. I'm at the end of my ropes and scared.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:26 AM   #2
(female)

GBug HB User
Re: Feeling lifeless

Dear Charpo...I am so sorry you feel this way. If you've never felt this way before, it has got to be hormone related..that is, unless you've had a recent tragedy like the loss of a loved one, etc.

I have the same thoughts sometimes. It's a terrible feeling. I suppose at this point, we all have to search for the bright things in life because they are not as obvious as they once were.

Unfortunately, I have to go for now... I will return later. Until then....put a smile on your face. You are a unique, beautiful individual that does have a great purpose in life. It's just the hormones have cast a fog upon us and we have to try a little harder to see through it and find the good things.

Hope you feel better today!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2009, 08:01 AM   #3
(female)

charpo HB User

I know I felt this way before, but not in this extreme. It is the worst in the morning when I wake up. If I take a clonopan it temporarily works, but something just isn't right and I can't explain it. I go to a therapist today and hopefully they have something I haven't tried yet to help me.

I did have a young neighborhood boy who i was very close to that died on July 4th, but you think I'd be over that by now, then in July I wrecked on a little motor scooter, which I was life flighted, but really didn't need to be. But that gave me a scare also.

Thank you for answering and hope to hear back from you

Old 03-05-2009, 09:42 AM   #4
(female)

GBug HB User

That's terrible that it hits when you wake in the morning. Not a good way to get your day off to a good start, is it?

Wishing you success with your appointment today. Hopefully, you will get some reassurances that you are just going through a rough time like the rest of us. Life itself can be just plain tough sometimes....add the hormones to the equation and it's enough to make anyone feel helpless and hopeless.

Hope you are feeling better now. I know that I can wake up looking and feeling like a trainwreck, then the hormones level out by the evening and I ask myself "Who was that crazy person?" I'm feeling better today too after a rough start this morning.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:16 AM   #5
(female)

charpo HB User

My psychiatrist gave me a script for Abilify. He said to try this, since I can't tolerate any of the other classes of antidepressants. I posted on the depression board to see if anyone has taken this for depression alone. I'm not bipolar or anything like that, but as I read on the internet it is usually for that. So of course I'm anxious about taking it. He didn't say much about it being hormonal, but I do have an appointment with my gyno at the end of the month. I need to be myself again (whatever myself is). You are so helpful and understanding and its great having someone to understand

Old 03-06-2009, 07:42 AM   #6
(female)

GBug HB User

I understand about your concerns re: the prescription. I am hesitant to take anything too. Just read about it as much as you can over the Internet and ask your local pharmacist any questions you have before you begin taking it.

It's good that you have an appt. with your GYN at the end of the month. Maybe he/she will be able to help as well.

Thank you for the kind words. Here's to you and hoping you have a happy, bright day!!!!

Closed Thread