It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2009, 07:59 AM   #1
(female)

onemarinemom06 HB User
Exclamation Am I going crazy?

Good morning everyone!
Let me thank you in advance for any advise as I honestly think I'm going crazy.
I am 44, was diagnosed peri menopause ten years ago. That didn't bother me much as I figured it was a normal process. Now here I am ten years later, and WOW! What a difference! The mood changes weren't bad before but now even the slightest thing irritates me.
Within the last two years my periods have gone from what was normal for me to two or three months without one, to one so heavy for 5 or 6 days that I can't leave the house for fear of leaking through both the tampon and pad. (yes, I have to use both during those periods)
For the last month I think my bodies thermostat has gone crazy as normally I am the one person in the house that thinks its cold. As I sit writing this my feet and legs below the knee are freezing, even with socks, slippers, jeans and a blanket, while the top half of me is sweating.
What has me worried the most is while I was in the shower yesterday, I found what I think is a boil under, but still on my left breast. I know enough not to try to lance it myself but can find no definete answers on what could cause that.
I guess my question is this...can being peri or menapausal bring on boils as well as the rest?
Thanks again for any help...B

Old 03-05-2009, 08:16 AM   #2
(female)

angientulsa HB User
Re: Am I going crazy?

Our hormones can bring on a thousand different things and acne being one of them. I have had boils from time to time since I was in my teens, just keep it clean and don't pick or lance it. Have you had your hormones tested recently? You might think about having that done and finding a Dr. to help you balance your hormones. I'm right there with ya, I've been doing this since I turned 34. Also have your thyroid checked if you haven't already, it can cause all kinds of trouble as well.

Hang in there!!
Angie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2009, 08:59 AM   #3
(female)

onemarinemom06 HB User

Angie,
I think of myself as one of the lucky ones as I never really had to deal with the whole acne problem. Although my Mom swears thats due to me having her good genes lol
I'm in the process of trying to find a dr around where I live, as I've only been here a few months. So far everyone I've called is booked until August/September or not accepting new patients. An extreme hassle as by then I seriously think my body will have cooked itself from the inside out!
Those two things are on my list as well as being tested for diabetes as it runs in the family as well. Oh who am I kidding, you name it, my families medical history probably has it in there somewhere.
Thanks millions for your response, it does help to know that I'm not the only one going through this mess...Becky

Old 03-05-2009, 10:25 AM   #4
(female)

angientulsa HB User

I never had acne until I hit peri, and now I look like a teen with the acne I have to deal with. I do use good stuff to keep it at bay but some months it doesn't matter what I use, the hormones will get their way!! LOL
You aren't alone, I know how you feel, I feel alone in this mess as well most of the time. I was so looking forward to my 40's and now hormone he** has set in and it's no longer any fun!!
Just keep reading, talking and searching

Angie

Old 03-09-2009, 06:16 AM   #5
(female)

onemarinemom06 HB User

I've spent the last couple of days thinking about what the hormones are doing, and realized that even though I didn't think anything of it until the hot flashes kicked in just recently...different things like minor mood swings, and the night sweats, and irregular periods have been going on for about 2 years. I can't believe it never occured to me sooner! LOL
Could I be lucky enough for this craziness not to last much longer? Probably not but its nice to dream! LOL

Old 03-11-2009, 05:19 AM   #6
(female)

onemarinemom06 HB User

Good Morning,
I'm dealing with having a lot of the symptoms, hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings (I can't wait to be my usually happy self again), and irregular periods fairly well for the most part. This was a new one! Last night right before I went to bed, my right thigh started a serious muscle ache. It feels like I had maybe one leg hopped a 10 mile marathon!
I'm wondering if that is a somewhat normal ache and pain associated with the rest? Tylenol seemed to help it somewhat as I was able to get some sleep but as soon as it wore off, I was awake again. Between the night sweats and the pain I'm beginning to think I won't sleep straight through the night again!

Until I have another question....thanks for any suggestions...Becca

Old 03-11-2009, 05:41 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User

Becca, that sure doesn't sound like a normal ache and pain to me. Sounds more like a major charlie horse or something. I'm with you, it would be nice just to get back to the person you once knew. Hope it gets better for you soon,
Julie

Old 03-16-2009, 06:25 AM   #8
(female)

onemarinemom06 HB User

Good Morning Ladies!

I've come up with another question...A couple minutes after a hot flash is it normal feel extremely cold?

It's like shortly after a hot flash I'm getting a cold flash. My family thinks I've lost my mind, as one minute I'm taking off a sweater, and a few minutes later I'm putting it back on.

One good note is my heating bill is going down as I can't stand it being too hot...of course everyone else complains they are freezing! There doesn't seem to be a happy medium as of yet.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:23 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User

No you are not going crazy. I've also had this happen, but it is similar to when you workout and are all sweaty and you start to cool down and get chilled. It doesn't last long for me,
Julie

Closed Thread