It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2009, 05:05 AM   #1
(female)

colleendol HB User
Help - Scared!

Hi,

I'm 45 years old and have been having problems. I skipped a period for the first time in December. It came normally in January. In February, at the time of my period, I got 3 days of light pink, watery discharge. Then, a week later, I got a heavy flow. that is still going. It has been 12 days.

I saw the doctor last week who immediately did a biopsy. She never said what it could be other than ruling out cancer. Can this be something else? Hormones? I'm scared. Do they usually do a biopsy first? She didnt mention an ultrasound.

Thanks,
Colleen

Old 03-09-2009, 08:49 AM   #2
(female)

misstlynn HB User
Re: Help - Scared!

Colleen,
I had a biopsy recently for spotting between periods. It is usually done when there is unusual bleeding to rule out cancer. Do you have cysts? I do and this could also cause the bleeding. If the biopsy comes back okay then it could just be your hormones. That is what my doctor told me. Hope this helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread