It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2009, 07:07 AM   #1
(female)

DaisyP HB User
Unhappy Am I too young or is this the begining of the menopause really need some advice!!!

Hi everyone I am new here and I feel abit silly asking this but I really need some advice.

I am 38 year old mother of two. In the last couple of months I have been feeling very strange. I have many different symptoms that I can't explain.
Lots of tension headaches, aching just under my jawline, ear ache, pain in my neck and shoulders. I can't sleep well at night, I was always cold through the day, now as soon as I wake up I feel hot. Dizzy spells, a feeling of being spaced out all the time, nausea, anxiety, panic attacks, the time between each period used to be 28 days now it's every 25 days, numbness in my hands when I wake up. I had my gallbladder removed 6 years ago but now I get alot of pain there just before my period. I irritable and very emotional, I've started to suffer with depression, very tender breast before my period, migraines with the first two days of my period. I feel like I am going mad, really don't know what to do, can anyone help.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:39 AM   #2
(female)

angientulsa HB User
Re: Am I too young or is this the begining of the menopause really need some advice!!

No you aren't too young for this. Remember Perimenopause is the time leading up to Menopause and it can last up to 10 years, sometimes more.
The pain in your neck, jaw, shoulders, could be TMJ, do you grind your teeth at night?

Also, have you had your thyroid levels checked? Everything you are feeling could be because of your thyroid as well. I started my trip down Peri lane when I was 34 and I'm now 41. Tomorrow I start my saliva tests to check my hormones and adrenals to see where I'm at and what my body needs at this point. I am so sorry you feeling all this, it's not any fun at all. Hang in there and see your Dr. for some tests. Keep in mind blood tests for our hormones won't make any difference, they change daily. I've had mine done several times and nothing is conclusive. I sometimes have two periods a month so obviously something isn't right.

Angie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2009, 11:40 AM   #3
(female)

msnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB User
Re: Am I too young or is this the begining of the menopause really need some advice!!

Your MD can do a folicle stimulating hormone test to see if you are in menopause. If so your MD and you can decide whether to treat or not.

Also, 38 is not too young. I am 34 and am well into menopause. We have decided to let nature take its course. I am severely anemic and am not supposed to have any more chidren anyway, so it makes sense to just let it be over for me.

T

Old 02-06-2010, 11:50 AM   #4
(female)

tinabop1971 HB User

I am 38 years old...am going thru basically the same thing. anxiety, hot flashes, inabilty to lose weight, forgetfullness, to name a few. dr has put me on xanax which works well for the anxiety. he absolutely denys that i am peri-menopausal. he has gone so far to tell me i need tested for bi-polar! monday morning i am going to an OBGYN!!!! i need some real advice from people who either know what I am going thru(not a man) or is knowledgale about this subject. not a GP!!!

Old 02-17-2010, 08:20 PM   #5
(female)

willow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB User

I just turned 39 and am going through the same thing..could have wrote your thread word for word. As a matter of fact I have tears in my eyes sad that we go through this, but glad I am not alone....

Old 02-19-2010, 03:27 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User
Smile Re: Am I too young or is this the begining of the menopause really need some advice!!

Welcome Daisy & everyone new to this forum!

Just want to say that you're not alone in this, and have gotten great advice so far! You do seem young to be going through this, however, it is not unheard of. I suggest a good physical, telling of your symptoms, and to request a referral to a gynocologist.

To see your doctor IS the first step, to rule out any other physical problems that may be going on. Then the gyno to know if you are peri-menopausal for sure. The saliva test is most conclusive as to the hormone levels. And a good gynocologist can tell from this test where exactly you're at.

Hope this helps, and again, welcome! Luv, ~lKaz

Closed Thread