It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2009, 05:47 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Ashley9045 HB UserAshley9045 HB User
Lupron

Has anyone ever had shots of Lupron? I have had heavy, heavy periods with 3 large fibroids (this is mainly why I have the heavy bleeding, plus I am going into menopause) and tried several options, now my Dr. wants to start Lupron shots to shut down my system to throw me into menopause. I do not like the sound of this, I would rather have my uterus taken out due to the fact this has been going on for 5 years and I am at the end of my rope with heavy bleeding and being anemic constantly--and of course feeling bad all the time. I am tired of trying things that do not help. Why be thrown into menopause an un-natural way and I have read horror stories on what this stuff does to some woman. Can anyone speak about their experience? Thank you!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2009, 12:18 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

leea1206 HB Userleea1206 HB User
Re: Lupron

Hi Ashley,

I have fibroids also and have taken zolodex shots (the same thing really as lupron.) - Have you thought of other options for your fibroids? I had uterine artery embolization (UAE) and it helped quite a bit. - There is also a newer option for fibroids called FUS (Focused Ultrasound). You might want to check these options out on the internet.

BUT regarding the lupron, I had the zolodex shots for a different problem. - Early stage hormone positive breast cancer. The lupron/zolodex puts you into "instant menopause" and yes, it is very rough on most women, including me.

After 1-2 mths on it, I had probably 10-15 strong hot flashes/day. I also now have joint aches, vaginal dryness and no libido. The zolodex/lupron just sucks almost all your hormones right out and affects about every part of your body. You can even have problems with your blood pressure, cholesterol, bone thinning and blood sugars, from lack of estrogen. I developed high blood pressure and am now on 2 meds. Alot of women also have mood issues and depression, but thankfully I didn't develope that problem.

So I am just saying, everyone is different but it is pretty roungh for most women. You could always try it for a few mths and if it was too hard, look into some other options.

Best wishes
Leea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread