It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2009, 06:42 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Laye HB UserLaye HB UserLaye HB User
Peri Questions..Need Advice

Ok..I'm a bit frustrated and I feel like I'm not getting the answers I need from my doctor. I was recently perscribed Prempro for a short time to get me through the worst of my peri symptoms. The pill having too much estrogen for me..she thinks prempro won't have as much and give me the benfits I'm looking for. But I read about all the bad side effects of this. I'm low on estrogen but still have my uterus..so I need the combo. Also, the texture of my hair has changed due to my low estrogen. Will the prempro help to improve this? Or is that a lost cause now? I'm thinking if I add estrogen..my hair's growth and texture will improve.

I'm thinking if I'm only on the Prempro for a couple of years it will be OK. I've read that its long term use that could cause problems..but then again..the BC pill can cause problems. Can you tell I'm confused????????

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Old 03-24-2009, 07:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User
Re: Peri Questions..Need Advice

Laye, Join the crowd of the confused, lol. It is always good to know what the pro's and con's are before starting on a med. I have been on and off Premarin for a few years now and I believe that once you start to take a HRT that it is hard to get completely off it. Most women I know that have relied on HRT end up going through all the meno symptoms (hot flashes, night sweats, moods) after they go off the HRT anyways. Now that is not always true for everyone, but the ones I know that has been the case. Sorry I don't anything about it helping for the texture of your hair though.
Julie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread