It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2009, 09:24 PM   #1
(female)

ramal2005 HB User
Yaz and Sarafem

I am 44 years old. I have been going through peri-menopause since I have been 36. I have used vitamins, herbs and progesterone cream to combat the symtoms of anxiety, hot flashes, mood swings, insomnia,anger ect. ect. They have worked quite well up until recently. I am miserable. I have for the past year been feeling quite horrible. I have headaches almost on a daily basis and my other symtoms(mood swings, anxiety, insomnia)have worsened. My doctor has done every test imaginable
to see why I am having daily headaches(MRI, blood tests), he found that I am hypothyroid and started me on Synthyroid several months ago. I feel a little better, but not much. My gyn. checked my FSH,LH and estodial(sorry probably spelled wrong)and said my values were "normal" for a 44 year old women. She said I was probably suffering from PMDD and perscribed me Sarafem and Yaz. I am worried about taking birth control pills at my age. I was wondering if anybodyhas experience with either the Yaz and/or Sarafem,
what are your thoughts and/or comments. Thanks!

Old 05-20-2009, 04:00 PM   #2
(female)

mimimiami HB User
Re: Yaz and Sarafem

This might be a late response to your post, but I am 40 and I'm at my wit's end about PMDD. The two weeks before my irregual period are wearing me out mentally. I am sick of the physical issues (bloating, extreme tenderness, joint swelling, etc) but the "grey days" are ridiculous and I have a life to lead.

So I'm going to give Yaz a try, and I haven't been on birth control since 1991. I'll post what I experience again in a month or so.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2009, 05:49 PM   #3
(female)

missjacky HB User

I have PMDD and have taken Sarafem before and it works but is very expensive if you don't have insurance. I am on a generic brand, my insurance does not pay for SARAFEM anymore and now and don't like it as mush, I have heard of YAZ and thought about trying that. I can assure you that SARAFEM works, my fiance can tell you too as it was very hard for him to be around me at that time.

Jacky

Last edited by missjacky; 05-20-2009 at 05:51 PM. Reason: misspelled

Old 05-20-2009, 11:01 PM   #4
(female)

ramal2005 HB User

I have been on the Sarafem since the end of March. It has made an extreme difference my life. I am no longer irritable, the anxiety is much less and I am no longer have irrational thinking. I feel like for the first time in a long time, I control my emotions they don't control me. My headaches are a little better. I am actually looking forward to my life, instead of living in continual misery. I took the Yaz for about a week and stopped it. I felt like my PMS worsened and made my headaches worse. I also was afraid because of my age and the health risks.

Closed Thread