It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2009, 06:42 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Waking up with these symptoms...any thoughts??

Last night I didn't sleep at all. I tossed and turned and the odd thing is I itched. My neck and the back of my head itches like crazy. Sometimes it will be in other areas as well. But I just couldn't sleep. I am trying to figure out if I am allergic to the detergent in our sheets. I never have been before. The itching thing has been going on randomly for a few months.

So this morning I got up to go to the bathroom. I felt real light headed and dizzy. I am shaky....my ears are ringing a bit and I am nauseated. This really scared me. I feel REAL HOT. Feels like I am getting hot from head to toe and I want to peel my sleep shirt off. I thought maybe I was getting sick. My period is due in 5 days. I have had these symptoms before in the morning upon awaking. I get PMS symptoms real bad days before. My breasts hurt bad right now too.

So I grabbed a thermometer and just took my temperature. It is 97.8. It runs low. I am hypothyroid but it is under control. I just had it checked. So this hot feeling must not be a fever. My skin is itchy and tingly. Now I just had a cold chill and got back under the covers. What is wrong with me?? Any thoughts?

I was just wondering....does it sound like low blood sugar?or Diabeties? (I was just check for that and it was ok) Does anyone out there have this happening to them? Is this part of perimenopause? I am 44 and still have a normal period it just went from 5 days to 3. I can't find any doctor around here who believes in biodentical hormones or creams. I did find a pharmacy who will test me.

Help please. Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2009, 05:48 PM   #2
(female)

72Malibu HB User
Re: Waking up with these symptoms...any thoughts??

Hey there I get very itchy too...I take Zirtec every night to keep it under control. It seems to be one of those lovely symptoms of peri..UGH! I get to the point that I itch uncontrolably...everywhere! Head to toe. I am nauseaus a lot! My periods last about 2 days. I'm 41 and started with these symptoms about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago. My Doc says it premenopause. I also feel, most of the time like I'm gonna get my period any day..it seems to be the norm lately. I got 2 periods in one month a couple months ago. So yeah, it sounds like you are in perimenopause to me. I have not had the hot flashes, but I do have stomach troubles and PMS symptoms all the time..plus I have a hard time remembering things I'm going to say. I'm actually feeling nauseaus right now..and for the last couple of days I have had this weird burning tongue thing going and I have this metaic taste in my mouth..YUK! I wish you the best..you will make it through Be blessed!

Old 03-30-2009, 06:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Thanks 72Malibu! I really appreciate that you wrote me back. The itchy symptom for me has been out of control lately. I can't believe how much I am dealing with this. It does come and go depending on what time of the month it is. But it happening more often than not.

For the first time today I actually knew I was having a HOT flash. (when it was ending) I hadn't had nausea like this before. It just came sweeping on me, then dizzy, and itchy of course..the HOT like crazy and it lasted a couple of minutes then suddenly gone and then I was chilly.

I said to myself enough is enough!! I FINALLY found a pharmacy that had half of it Naturalpathic! YAHOO!! I was thrilled! Finally, I found a place that would test my hormones and believe me that I am really suffering!!! I am 44 and in the midst of this battle. My mom said she never had it as bad as me. Well then she remembered she was on HRT for awhile. Well ya! Us gals going through this now are just toughing it out.

So tomorrow I am going to be taking 4 saliva samples throughout the day that will be mailed in the following day. They say you should test between day 19 and day 23 of your cycle. Tomorrow well be day 23 for me. And to be honest I am in the midst of the worst symptoms I have had all at once. Hot flashes, anxiety, itching, heart palpatations, achiness, crampiness, Nausea and dizziness. ugh! So this test should really show what's going on with me.

I am sure you can relate. Hang in there! We are going through this together with millions of other women. Thanks for listening and for your imput!

Last edited by TEdds83; 03-30-2009 at 06:46 PM.

Old 03-31-2009, 03:23 AM   #4
(female)

72Malibu HB User

Hey! Sorry to hear you didn't sleep last night...I hope tonight is better...maybe you can catch a nap Today I feel like I'm gonna get my period, but it's not due for a while...but then again, who knows..it could come at any time..Oh well. I'm also very annoyed this moring because my husband didn't wake me up to go to the gym..like it's his fault..hehe! I should not be this agrravated over it, but my moods go crazy sometimes! Good luck with your testing..and yes, you're right, we're all going through this together..that is a comforting thing to know Have a blessed day!

Closed Thread