It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2009, 01:56 PM   #1
(female)

Catherine19 HB User
Question Estracombi

Hi
I'm new to the forum and am delighted I found somewhere to ask the questions from others like me!!
I'm two years into my menopause and at 46 yrs and have succumbed to HRT! Hoping it will make me feel like someone I recognise. At the end of my tether with hot flushes, mood swings, and feeling panicky . I think work think I a pysco at this stage!

I only started Estracombi last friday and have gone through 4 patches instead of 2 as prescribed. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to keep the patch stuck on to the skin. The patch keeps falling off and then I couldn't find the bloody thing to stick it back on.

Any tip would be more than welcome!
ga ga from Dublin!:

Old 04-01-2009, 03:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: Estracombi

Hmmmm never heard of that patch. But sounds great that you are getting some help. I am 44 and have been searching for awhile to get some supplements and help. I finally am having tests run to see where I stand with my hormones. Then the pharmacist is going to make me a biodentical hormone cream. I can't wait to get going on it. It could change my life and help me get through this. These are going to be a rough 10 or more years. Ugh! Hang in there were you are at in beautiful Dublin!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2009, 12:02 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine19 View Post
I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to keep the patch stuck on to the skin. The patch keeps falling off and then I couldn't find the bloody thing to stick it back on.
Catherine19,

It took me a while to figure out how to keep my patch on. The skin must be clean and dry. Do not use any lotions until after you've managed to put the blasted thing on. Plaster it to your skin and press the palm of your hand to it for 30 seconds -- this warms up the glue and allows it to bond with the skin.

Another thing I discovered is that location matters. The blasted thing needs to be over some fat reserves so that the drugs can enter through the skin and into the fat. I now plaster the thing to my hip, under my underwear. I tried once plastering it to my thigh, thinking that there are certainly plenty of fat reserves there but it rubbed off quickly because of the movement of my pants over my leg. If you wear pantyhose this may not be so much of a problem. So make sure you are plastering the blasted thing on an area of the body where your clothes won't be rubbing it off.

I also find that plastering it in a different location on my hip each time helps to prevent an allergic reaction to the glue.

Good luck!

--Rheanna

Old 04-07-2009, 03:36 PM   #4
(female)

Catherine19 HB User

Ah Rehanna thanks a million, was wondering what the knack was. Lost more in the first week than I had for the month.

Will defo try keeping my had on the patch for 30 seconds to make sure it stays stuck.

Was starting to wonder was I going ga ga that I couldn't even get it to stick properly.
Thanks again for the tip

Old 04-07-2009, 03:40 PM   #5
(female)

Catherine19 HB User

Sorry Rheanna i've jsut realised I've typed your name incorrectly!!

Closed Thread