It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #1
(female)

ween HB User
Do peri-menopausal symptoms mimic pregnancy?

I turned 45 in November. Lately my breast are so tender and have actually gone up a cup size. I've gained about five pounds. I've always been thin (5'6" and 115 pounds). I'm about up to 122 lbs now, but it is all in my breast and stomach. I'm still on the pill so I never get a period, but I sometimes skip the pill due to absent mindedness, but will double up. I actually got nervous that I was pregnant or something so I decided to take a pregnancy test which I took twice and am not pregnant. I have sleep issues and may be a little addicted to benedryl. I've been a little depressed, but I was also laid off right before Christmas so this may be due to that. Anyone?

Old 05-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: Do peri-menopausal symptoms mimic pregnancy?

Gosh it could be a wide variety of things. Anything from stress, to perimenopause, to being PG it's just hard to say. For me I have these symptoms and I am going through perimenopause. It can mimick pregnancy. I am 44 and have had the roughest 4 years of my life. I became hypothyroid when I was 40. I was always trim and I have put on 30 pounds. I blame it on alot of things. But I definately know that my metabolism has slowed down.

As far as pregnancy,,it sounds like you have your basis covered. It sounds more like pms symptoms. If your body hasn't already showed signs of hormonal changes going on I would be suprised. Usually by mid 40's alot of changes are going on. Good luck! Pregnancy might be alot nicer thing that the menopause thing. lol At this point I might opt for that.

P.S. Tender breasts are a big sign of hormonal changes, so are the sleep changes....Insomnia is something that happens throughout the month. 7 pounds is nothing. I would trade you in a heartbeat. You are very fortunate to have remained so thing clear up to 45. Most of us don't.

Last edited by TEdds83; 05-01-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2009, 07:28 AM   #3
(female)

manga HB User

I know what you mean i will be 37 in october and i have been going thru perimenopaus for about 3 going on 4 years. You get so sick of feeling sick, i have 2 kids and i am like this feels just like being preagnant. Sorry if i misspelled. Hee hee the old brain is feeling crazy

Old 05-11-2009, 04:40 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

flks HB User

I would have likened it to PMS more than pregnancy. A lot of women suffer not simply from traditional menopause symptoms but also from adrenal fatigue. The rapid weight gain indicated a hormone imbalance. Go do a saliva test (the one that does hormones and cortisol).

Closed Thread