It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2009, 03:30 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Howitt44 HB User
Supplements for post-menopause?

I am also officially post-menopausal. I haven't had a period in 18 months. I recently did a saliva test to actually see where my hormones are at. I have hot flashes, but not severe and never night sweats. My moods are ok, but do have some difficulty making decisions and am a little paranoid about some things! Ha! My skins is awfully dry and thin looking - so I wish I could take something at least for that and also lose some weight. Other than that, I'm not doing too bad. I would like to hear from some other ladies who are past the menopause and see what they are taking as far as hormones and natural supplements and how they're doing.
Thanks,
Cindy

Last edited by mod-anon; 05-30-2009 at 11:26 PM. Reason: starting a new thread with this post.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lindaru HB User
Re: Supplements for post-menopause?

Hi, Howitt . . . I can tell you what my naturopathic doctor recommends. She says unless my symptoms become debilitating, hormone replacement is not a good idea. She also does not recommend the myriad of so called post-menopausal supplements she knows about on the internet.

She says at this time of my life it is more important to get the nutrients I need such as Omega fatty acids, potassium and magnesium, being the top ones.

Hope this helps!

Lindaru

Last edited by mod-anon; 05-30-2009 at 11:27 PM. Reason: edited title

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2009, 09:45 AM   #3
(female)

boroth25 HB User
Re: Supplements for post-menopause?

Hi Cindy,

I am right there with you, 18 months, whoo hoo. Thought it would get easier, but for me it has been terrible the last few months. I take B complex, Omega 3's, Vit D, Vit C, Calcium/Magnisium and a multi. I don't know if they are helping with any symptoms or not, but they can't hurt! If I may ask, how did the results of your saliva test come out? That is one of my next steps.
Take care!

Closed Thread