It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2001, 11:42 AM   #1

jam HB User
Post Prempro

I have been on Prempro since October 1998. I started taking an entire tablet but it was too strong for me.

I now cut the encoated tablet in half and take a half every other day. I do not have the bloatedness, breast tenderness nor the worries that I had when taking the full tablet.

I guess my concern is the research that is and is not available regarding the synthetic HRT's. Not enough tests, too many tests- I am so confused.

I do know that since I started the Prempro that I have no night sweats and no hot flashes which were absolutely horrible. I didn't want to deal with this natural menopause symptoms. I have so much going on in my life that I wanted immediate relief.

I am now 46 years old. I didn't have a period for over 3 years when I first went for a complete checkup. I also was diagnosed with depression and anxiety which has been under control by medication for some time now.

I understand that we cannot be symptom free or pain free but I want to be comfortable.

Also, the weight gain is very disturbing to me and I am walking 3 times a week now. Still, I am concerned with everything in my life now that I am getting closer to 50.

I don't want to be "youthful", I just want to get rid of the extra weight, and feel good again.

I hope to hear from others. Thanks. jam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2001, 09:07 AM   #2

JB* HB User
Hi Jam
You may want to have your thyroid checked. It goes wonky when our other hormones do their thing. Symptoms of hypothyoroid include depression, anxiety, and weight gain, plus about 40 more symptoms. Check the thyroid site at about.com for a list of TOP DOCS for one near you. There's also lots of info on thyroid and menopause. I was on the HRT for a while too, until the side effects got me. When my thyroid came on line again a lot of the symptoms went away. Still get some night hot flashes but not bad enough right now for me to do anything about. Take Care
J

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread