It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2000, 03:17 AM   #1

ginli HB User
Post periods every 2 weeks

Does anyone else have this problem?? It's so draining. Does anything help??

thanks

Old 12-16-2000, 10:03 PM   #2

Soni HB User
Unhappy

Ginili,
I am having periods about ever 15 to 18 days and yes it is very tiring along with aggervating because mine last at least a week to two weeks and so it seems like I just get off one and it is time for another one and yes it is very draining. I wish you the best of luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2000, 04:53 AM   #3

ginli HB User
thankyou, Soni, for your reply. What are you doing if anything for this problem? Do you take hrt's? Your situation where it lasts so long must be so draining. I hope you find relief. ginny

Old 12-27-2000, 08:28 AM   #4

minipaws HB User
Any time you have abnormal periods it is a good thing to have yourself checked out by your gyn. I know sounds horrible but it pays to take care of things early!

Old 01-19-2001, 03:23 PM   #5

TiredALot51 HB User

During perimenopause, heavy bleeding can
occur. It happened with me. It is the time
before your period will stop for many months
and you enter menopause. I have benign
fibroid tumors, which caused me to bleed and
yes, I had days when I bled and slept and
woke up only to get something to drink (from
being thirsty and try to eat) and then sleep
some more. It happens. Many women get
hysterectomies from the bleeding, so they can
continue to work.

It will be a relief to you when the bleeding
stops. See your gynecologist for a check up.

Sincerely,

Old 01-21-2001, 04:51 PM   #6
Inactive

ChattyCathy2 HB User
This is my first time on here. I am 45 and also going through pre-meanpause. I have been having periods twice a month. OH do I know how draining this can be. Also does anyone suffer from the mood swings,getting down no energy? I am going back to the Dr tomorrow. I also have been useing progestrone cream which is suspossed to help. I would like to go through this as naturally as I can without being on any meds,however I am not opposed to them if they can help. I would love to hear from anyone that has found help. Thank you )

[This message has been edited by moderator3 (edited 03-24-2002).]

Old 02-04-2001, 01:34 PM   #7

jacqie HB User
i went through 8 years of the irregular periods--no doctor ever told me it was "perimenopause". i would go in for my yearly checkups and ask why am i having such heavy irregular periods and was told nothing is wrong (no tumors, no cancer) just go home and deal with it until you reach menopause. if i wasn't so trusting in those days, i would have gone to another doctor. only later, when i did have my "last" period at age 44, did i know it was a form of perimenopause that i probably could have been put on some form of birth control/hormone pill and not had this hell. if you are young and still experiencing irregular periods--go to someone that specializes in womens health/menopause. don't suffer like i did. good luck

Old 02-05-2001, 07:52 PM   #8

cm HB User
Agree with the above post. I've been bleeding every 2 weeks for so long that it became my normal (years). I'm now 42, and the bleeding has now become every single day since Oct. I'm now on my second day of low-dose birth control pills, and hope it helps, because nobody wants to wear kotex/tampons for 4 months straight!!! Some days it was very light and some days horrible, but it was every day. All my tests came back normal except for uterine lining buildup and an ovarian cyst both from not having normal periods. (Not to mention low-dose birth control pills help decrease your risk of ovarian cancer, which my mom died of).

Old 03-08-2001, 05:43 AM   #9

Bitzy HB User
I am 46 and have also had very disfunctional bleeding. At the worse I wore 2 super tamp/a super maxi pad and had to change every 15 minutes 24/7 for 16 days, for the most part it has been everyday lite to med with occassional heavy flow for 3 mos. I went in for pap, which was normal and was put on hormones, the period stopped for 2 wks and has now started back again. My doctor is suggesting Balloon Ablation as the next step. Anyone had this procedure? I would be greatful for any info. I too constantly have a tampon(if not 2) in with a back up pad to be safe and sometimes seem chapped. I have to work on my feet and suffer with back pain similiar to child birth back pain and my skin is drying out terribly...this is getting old!

------------------
Bitzy

Old 04-02-2001, 11:32 AM   #10

buffy HB User
This is a reply to Bitzy about the ablation procedure--but it may be of interest to others too--
I had an endometrial ablation (the cauterization and removal of the uterine lining) done when I was about 37-- I am 45 now. I had horrible periods, they'd last for ten days, I'd have a few days break then another one. I was premenstrual ALL THE TIME! My doctor was one of the pioneers of the endometrial ablation here in Utah and I was lucky to have found him. Since the ablation I have had NO bleeding, no premenstrual problems--nothing of that nature. The procedure itself wasn't bad at all--a few days of cramping and a light discharge for a week or so(similar to the second or third week after childbirth) then no periods ever again!! Not all ob/gyns even know about this procedure, so you have to call around. My doc was a pretty progressive guy and was on top of this as a way to help heavy bleeders such as myself. This is sure a better option than a hysterectomy, a lot lerss expensive and a lot easier to recover from. Good luck!

Closed Thread