It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2001, 10:38 AM   #1

BLM HB User
Talking Is End of Menopause Near?

I am 55, basically in good health, started my periods when 9years old. For the past few years my periods have been very regular, but extremely light. I had a period in March and did not have another one till July 4, which was not much, just looked more like bloody water. Then next one was recent, starting Sept 5 and was heavier. I was very disappointed as I was hoping that there would be no more periods.

Question is, Is there someone out there who has been through this? and am I getting close to the END?

Thanks,
BLM

Old 09-12-2001, 12:43 PM   #2

JB* HB User
I had surgi-pause myself but from what I've read and heard from other women it could take a couple of years. It's all very personal. It could take a few months. Sounds like you aren't having any major problems, just surprise bleeds. One woman I talked to said she went without a period for 11 months and was about to break out the champagne and she had another one. Menopause is the reference when you haven't had a period for a year.
JB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2001, 06:17 PM   #3

cozy HB User
Talking

Yes, 1year is the supposed marker! Been 3 for me!
Just wanted to stress how important it is that you see your GYN regularly & get those PAPS
If your still having bleeding, light or heavy, after none for 11 mos. ? I'd get checked out. The can tell you if your still Post M.
Good Luck

Old 11-06-2001, 10:56 PM   #4

action HB User
I'd like the answer to this one too! I'm only 52 and they just keep right on coming, skipped a month once about 2 years ago but then returned with a 3 week vengeance! Now on HRT and they come with monotonous regularity. I asked my doctor this same question yesterday - she just gave me the statistics which was absolutely no use at all!

Here's hoping that neither of us has long to wait!

Angela

Old 05-16-2006, 05:08 PM   #5
(female)

wishfulthinkin HB User
Re: Is End of Menopause Near?

I'm 51 and have not had a period for a year and currently in the hot flash, night sweat and racing heart stage. I take vitamins and cohosh and this reduces my episodes from 4-5 a night to 1-2 a night. it does affect my job. sometimes I'm very tired and irritable from lack of sleep and do have panic attacks when too many people are in my office. I tell my co-workers its time for a bathroom break and leave. they know what I'm talking about and accept what I'm going through.

Closed Thread