It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #1
(female)

Sixtyplus HB User
Is intercourse safe when hrt cream is present?

Is it safe to have intercourse when Estrace vaginal hrt cream is present?

Can the man absorb some of the hrt cream, and can it be harmful to him?

Old 08-10-2009, 11:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User
Re: Is intercourse safe when hrt cream is present?

Sixtyplus,

This is a good question to ask. If the hormones are absorbed into your skin, then they are also absorbed into his skin. Yes, the man can absorb the hormones in the hrt cream, and they can alter his own hormone levels.

My suggestion is to schedule either the cream application or the sex (whichever is easier in your case ) so that you enjoy your sexual activities at least 20 hours or so after you apply the cream. If you have sex on a regular basis, say evenings for example, then apply the cream after the sex. If you have sex infrequently, then apply the cream at regular times (mornings or evenings), and you may need occasionally to enjoy some other ways of loving besides intercourse or oral sex, if it's too close to your last application of cream.

I found this older thread where I discussed this with someone with a similar question:
http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=570934

I hope this helps.

--Rheanna

The Following User Says Thank You to rheanna For This Useful Post:
bennetl1 (08-09-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2009, 11:40 PM   #3
(female)

Sixtyplus HB User

Thanks, Rheanna.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:42 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

The reason for some hrt creams is to lubricate so you can have intercourse without pain. I would guess husband might absorb some of the hormone but it isn't enough to do him any harm I mean we all have female/male hormones. I think these days men can get more female hormones in the city water supply and other foods so I don't think your small amount of cream is going to grow him a breast or anything. My husband never gave it a second thought...just as long as he could 'get some' he didn't care how much creams or goo he had to plow through.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:18 PM   #5
(female)

renton11111 HB User
Wink Re: Is intercourse safe when hrt cream is present?

I asked my Gyno this question and she said that the penis does not have same porosity of vaginal walls. This means they would not have the same absorbtion as vaginas. When I asked her if my boyfriend was going to grow man boobies, she laughed and siad "No. but good question though."

Closed Thread