It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2002, 01:51 PM   #1
(female)

kornpoper HB User
Post hip pain and menopause

I stumbled across a message from a subscriber where she referred to right hip pain and menopause. Howevever, I couldn't find the message regarding the correlation between hip pain and menopause. I had horrible hip pain a few years ago and have been on pain killers since. Now I'm thinking maybe the pain is related to periomenopause. Has anyone heard of this syndrome?

Old 06-09-2002, 10:29 PM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
First off what did the doc feel is the cause of your hip pain? Let us know what the x-rays showed for a possible cause of the pain since your posts isn't very specific. The bones tend to thin as we start to lose estrogen so this could possibly cause some joint discomfort but this would show up on an x-ray most like as a form or arthritis most likely osteoarthritis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2002, 04:55 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

bjg HB User
have you had a bone density scan...thats the way to check for osteopenia or osteoperosis

Old 06-10-2002, 05:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User
My Mother has terrible hip pains too, but hers is the bursa, bursitis. Just thought I'd throw in another possiblility. For her she's suppose to move around and not sit too long in one spot. I bought her some emu oil prod. called "Blue Gel" off brand of blue stuff. She just started using it so don't know if she's going to get some relief yet or not. Alternating packs helps too. Cold 20 minutes then nothing 20min. then hot 20min. increases blood flow too. Hope this helps you. Diana

Old 06-10-2002, 05:49 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User
For the hot pack I made her is a rice sock she puts in the microwave to heat up. Watch out though they get pretty hot! Just took some plain rice and put it in a tube sock. Made a funnel out of a paper plate, and tie a knot in the top. Keep looking for your answers and try to get some more specific info. for the board. Take care, Diana

[This message has been edited by drs (edited 06-10-2002).]

Old 06-22-2002, 01:54 PM   #6

action HB User
Hey, I get this! Before HRT I would be virtually crippled for a couple of days every month, it was awful, couldnt stand, sit or lie down - a real gnawing pain!

One of the first things I noticed was that I didnt get it nearly so bad when I went on HRT. I have an oestrogen implant and I can tell when the implant is needing changing as I feel it in the hip before anywhere else. Now I occasionally get a twinge but nothing like it used to be. I also lost a heap of weight (25+kg) and exercise regularly now so I dont know what is giving me the most benefit! I put it down to ligament slacking off during perimenopause. I have mentioned it to my doctor several times but she hasnt seemed too interested in it at all.

Angela

Closed Thread