It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2002, 05:49 PM   #1

Lori55 HB User
Post SO TIRED and sleepy!

I am so tired and sleepy! It is like after my hysterectomy! Is this menopause? I am 47 and the dr. seems to think so. I have had generalized anxiety and depression. Just don`t feel like myself. Hard to tell if it is menopausal since I have no period. I have been on Estrodial since 1997. Want to sleep all the time and really don`t care about much of anything. I have had heart palpatations for the last month off and on. Or is this anxiety and depression? I haven`t been able to tolerate anti-depressants over the last 4 months. They make my BP soar or drastically drop. Any insight?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2002, 08:34 AM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Sounds very much like depression. There are many antidepressants out there to choose from so work with your doctor to find one that works well for you with out causing BP problems for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2002, 10:33 AM   #3

lsm2000l HB User
Maybe you're not sleeping through the night. You may be waking up for a few minutes constantly without realizing it. I take an antidepressant, Trazadone, to help me sleep. I hear a lot of doctors prescribe it for women going through menopause to help them sleep. Maybe it is depression. Talk to your doctor. They can recomend a therapist for you to see. Seeing a therapist doesn't mean you're crazy, like my mother kept trying to tell me. A therapist helped me a lot.

Old 10-19-2002, 12:51 AM   #4

action HB User
Have a look at your diet. Since my late 40s I would get really really tired, especially in the afternoon after lunch. Siestas are great but not when you are at work I found that for me at least, carbohydrates send me to sleep! I have changed my diet (12 months now) and have eliminated bread, pasta, starchy vegies and really restrict my carbs, drink lots of water etc. I have much more energy now, rarely need to have a daytime nap and have lost almost 70lb into the bargain. I dont know why the carb effect was so much more pronounced the older I got but it certainly was! I am on HRT and that, combined with the diet have made me way way way less anxious and depressed over this past year!

Closed Thread