It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2002, 06:33 AM   #1
(female)

Beth Ann HB User
Smile More questions about progesterone cream. Any users, please read.

I've been having night sweats for a little over 4 years now, and have posted several messages about it on these boards. To make a long story short, I've been tested for everything and am perfectly healthy. Even my hormones are supposedly normal, although the GYN never tested my progesterone. A friend told me about progesterone and about Dr. John Lee's book (which every female needs to read). I have gotten some of the progesterone cream, but have not started using it yet. (Was told to wait 12 days after my period starts.) What I want to know is....if you are using the cream, what brand is it and where did you get it? (I got some from an Arbonne rep.) Is yours helping you? Does it help with depression? Right now, I'm on Wellbutrin, but these sweats are really getting me down. Are any of you on the pill and using the cream? I am, but was told that I won't get the "full effect" so I'm getting off them. Also, how long before you noticed any changes by using the cream? Any info would be GREATLY appreciated! Oh, by the way, I'm only 34. Started having perimenopause symptoms at 29! Has anyone else experienced this at an early age? Thanks, everybody!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2002, 11:41 AM   #2

Dannyelle HB User
I have been using progesterone cream for several years. I use 'pro-gest' by emerita and get it at a local health store. I have had my ovaries removed and don't take any other hormone supplements because I didn't like the side effects that I experienced. I've noticed that if I don't use the progesterone cream that my skin gets dry and I start having hot flashes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2002, 01:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User
Hi, I've also been on the progesterone cream, I started out taking Dr. Lee's and bought the book too. Now I'm taking Happy PMS cream it so much cheaper and has the same amount of natural progesterone in it.

At the age of 36 I had a total hysterectomy, I'm 41 now. My body was making large chocolate tumors. At 35yrs old I had the first one removed and a ovary taken out. One year later I was full of it again(no pun intended....lol). The size of a volleyball twice. That was enough for me.

Well when I bought the book on progesterone, there was a recipe in there about what kind of estrogen replacement therepy that was the most natural. I really wanted to try that because every hormone they had tried me on made me feel awful and bloated.

I've been on the Tri-est cream for 3months and finally I don't have the night sweats anymore, nor the bloat.

With the progesterone cream my skin is so much softer. I love it as a night time face cream. My girlfriend takes it for her headaches. It can take up to 2 months for it to work.

If your having night sweats try taking in more water daily and take some vit E too. About 400 iu's daily, and take it with a food that has some fat in it. Calcium/magnesium is good to have at this time in your life also. Best wishes, I know exactly how you feel, just don't give up.
Diana:^)

Old 05-31-2002, 06:38 AM   #4
(female)

Beth Ann HB User
Red face

Thanks so much for replying. drs, you've really been through some bad times, haven't you? I'm glad everything is okay now. I can't imagine having a tumor, especially one twice the size of a volleyball! It's really hard being a woman, isn't it?!! Men really have it made by not having to go through all of this hormone crap. I heard a female comedian one time saying how men are the cause of most of women's problems. MENopause, MENstruation,..... (I thought that was kind of cute.) Anyway...thanks again for helping out with my question. If there's anybody else out there who is on the cream, I'd like to hear from you. I don't think I've ever heard of any bad reactions to the cream, only good things. I can't wait to get started on it! (p.s. Didn't mean for there to be a red face on my post. Meant for it to be a smiley face! Oops! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/redface.gif )

[This message has been edited by Beth Ann (edited 05-31-2002).]

Old 06-17-2002, 02:51 PM   #5

kraypm HB User
Talking

HI!

I have been on the Arbonne cream for a few months now. I'm 38, and was told I was in perimenopause at my last pap. I demanded the blood test. Not that I was having any real symptoms, an occasional night sweat...but I have been diagnosed with FMS & IBS the past 2 years. It got my curiosity up! I have read that so many women start having bowel problems, etc. with the onset of menopause.

What I have noticed about the Arbonne cream is that the 'hormonal acne'I was having has gotten way better, and even with the FMS - I have more energy.

Good luck!

Kray

Old 06-18-2002, 04:26 PM   #6
Inactive

Aster HB User
I took myself off Provera after reading awful things about it; switched to ProGest by Emerita. I get it off the internet. That way I can search for the cheapest price. Since I'm still on Premarin I don't know if I feel any different. I'm just glad to be off Provera.
I would be scared of getting off Premarin because of the fear of nightsweats. Aster

------------------
Aster

Old 06-19-2002, 09:10 PM   #7

Dejobink HB User
Smile

Hi! I am new and have been reading the varoius posts. I am so glad I found you all! It's nice to know there are others who are taking thier health into their own hands. I have been using the creamsince Feb. 2002. I get it at my Chiropractic office. I use "Heartland Natural" Progesterone Cream. It is endorsed by Dr. John Lee. I am also taking a female supplement, flax seed and soy. I feel so much more balanced. The Chiropractic office I go to has a video they loan out which is of Dr.Lee talking about the benefits of natural progesterone cream.

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 07-03-2002).]

Old 06-21-2002, 10:29 PM   #8
(female)

Beth Ann HB User
Question

Hey Dejobink, what is the flaxseed good for? And, also, how much and how often do you take it? And to everyone on the pro. cream: How long was it before you started noticing any positive effects? I've been on it for a couple of weeks now. I do feel better (might just be "all in my head", but I don't care. Whatever it takes!) but I'm still having severe night sweats. Sometimes I can deal with it, but sometimes I just get so frustrated. It's nice to know that there are other women out there that I can turn to for support and advice. Thanks, Beth Ann

Old 06-23-2002, 08:39 AM   #9

Dejobink HB User
Talking

Hi Beth Ann! Flax seeds have fiber, protien, lignans, essential fatty acids and oil. They are low in saturated fats and have no cholesterol. They contain omega-3 and omega-6. You can eat flax seeds (ground) sprinkled on salad, cereal, yogurt, etc. Or you can take flax seed oil capsuls. If you are familiar with the benefits of fish oil, this is the same, if not better. The web and books explain it better than I do. Dr. John Lee and Dr. Christaine Northrup explain it in their books.

I have added flax seed and oil to my daily routine along with drinking soy milk, using soy cooking oil, and eating vegie burgers made with soy protien.

Old 06-23-2002, 10:28 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User
It is said it takes about 2months for the cream to really get in the system and work. Diana

Old 06-23-2002, 06:12 PM   #11

hockeymom HB User
Arrow

I am 32 and have been having A LOT of symptoms that I believe are due to low progesterone. My doctor ran tests and they came back"normal" however, it was not the right time in my cycle to get an accurate result on the prog. level. I am having that tested again at my GYN's office in a couple of weeks but he also doesn't think that it is abnormal. I would like to try the prog. cream but I am on the pill and would like to make sure that it won't interfere with it because the last thing that I need is to get pregnant. If anyone has any info I would really appreciate it.

Old 06-24-2002, 10:38 AM   #12
Inactive

angi HB User
Hi Hockey mom,
I just called the pharmacy to ask about progesterone cream and birth control interaction cause beleive me I do not want any more kids love um but no more he said it is fine and it does not affect the pill. why dont you email me and we can talk more it sounds like we are going thru the same thing at very similar age [removed] thanks have a good day Angie

[edited to remove email address -
- as per the Board Guidelines -
- messages may not offer personal contact information.]

Old 06-24-2002, 04:46 PM   #13
(female)

Beth Ann HB User
Smile

Hey Angi & Hockey Mom,
The girl I get my cream from also said it will not interact, but the cream may not be AS effective if you are on the pill, but it will still work. I've got a question....do y'all have night sweats? And, if so, where do you sweat? Do you sweat from head-to-toe, or just your chest, or just below the waist? My sister says only her neck and head sweat, but I sweat from head-to-toe. Just wondering, because I still haven't been told by a doctor that I'm premenopausal, but I sure do have many of the symptoms! And I'm still trying to figure these sweats out. I've been on my cream for 2 weeks now, and still no relief....but I know it may take awhile. I'm definitely not giving up!

Old 06-25-2002, 08:08 AM   #14
(female)

torontcana HB User
Hi ladies,

I want to try the progesterone cream as I am having lots of night sweats etc. and I havn't had a period since December so when would I start using the cream and if I start using it will I get a period again?? I am 51 and have been in perimenopause for about 3 years. Was on low dose BCP but went off it about a year ago as was getting migraines all the time. I really don't want to start getting a period again but wonder if I should be taking something. Any info would be a great help.

Anne

Old 06-25-2002, 05:08 PM   #15
Inactive

angi HB User
Hi well when i am moving I sweat from my underarms and chest area but when lay down it is from head to toe also Anne I think progestrone cream could not hurt the one that has worked the best for me is pro-gest by emerita you can get it atyour local health food store
you know this hormone thing really is miserable but we are lucky to have each other and this message board have a good day Angi

Closed Thread