It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2009, 03:07 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

moommin HB User
strange feeling before hot flush

hi i had full hysterectomy 6 weeks ago, so now in full meno im 49,i dont know if i have hot flushes or sweats ,any way befor i have one i get this feeling that starts in my stomach ,then spreads all over my body,like a tingling,cant explain, then comes the hot flush,i think i prefer the flush as the tingling feeling makes me feel sick,anybody elce have this warning befor a flush,shirley

Old 08-25-2009, 11:43 PM   #2
(female)

crazululu HB User
Re: strange feeling befor hot flush

yes, I have a surge of uncomfortable energy, I feel nausea, a bit of anxiety, cramping in the intestines too, like I am going to start my period or use the bathroom. Then I heat up, usually start to sweat, lasts about 20-30 minutes or so and stops. Starts all over again anywhere from an hour to 3 hours later. It is worse in the morning when I wake up.

Last edited by crazululu; 08-25-2009 at 11:44 PM. Reason: forgot to write something

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2009, 02:22 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

moommin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazululu View Post
yes, I have a surge of uncomfortable energy, I feel nausea, a bit of anxiety, cramping in the intestines too, like I am going to start my period or use the bathroom. Then I heat up, usually start to sweat, lasts about 20-30 minutes or so and stops. Starts all over again anywhere from an hour to 3 hours later. It is worse in the morning when I wake up.
hi thanks for your reply,im new to this meno, i get most of the surge through the night,when the heat comes it starts in my hands and arms then spreads,it dont last as long as youres about 3 mins,but its all night, its nice to know im not alone with this strange body feeling thanks shirley

Old 08-27-2009, 09:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

liverpool sue HB User

hi shirley. i looked into all this when my hot flushes started, yours sound very much the same as mine were for the first 12 months or so, i used to think of it as something like an adrenalin rush just before the heat kicked in, like the 'fight or flight' feeling.
our adrenal glands are situated just above our kidneys, somewhere above the waist but under the breasts, and that's just where this feeling would start with me, i can put my hand right there in the middle about 6-8 inches above my navel, kind of where my ribs join. the adrenal glands receive regulatory input from our nervous system, and during menopause the automatic controls of the nervous system become erratic so it makes sense to me that that's why we get this 'adrenalin rush' feeling and then the hot flush. you'll probably find that these feeling change after a while, and the length, frequency and intensity of the flushes too, sometimes feeling less hot and at other times feeling as if you're going to burst into flames!
hope this makes some kind of sense to you

sue

Old 08-30-2009, 03:38 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

moommin HB User

hi sue thanks for your reply,gyn wonts me to go on estregen,i did start it, but had chest pains ,i phoned my gp for advice and he said we dont recomend hrt for woman of your age 49,and he diddnt know if estregen corsed chest pain, i was in two minds about taking hrt becouse i have fibro cystic brests and had bad pain for years,but since having hysterectomy 7 weeks ago i have had no brest pain so far,i have to go for post op check up on the 2nd sep and i know the gyn is not going to be happy about me not taking hrt,i also feel like a zomby and memory is getting very bad,is this normal.thanks shirley

Old 08-30-2009, 06:05 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

liverpool sue HB User
Re: strange feeling before hot flush

shirley, the longer you go on through menopause, the more you'll realise that there is no 'normal' anymore
i'm sure that between your gyn and your gp, and what you tell them, that the right course of action will be taken, be it hrt or not. i can't comment about hrt as i didn't take it, having made the decision a few years before to see how i went on just 'toughing it out'. it wasn't easy, but i always tried to remember that it's a phase of life and not a life-threatening illness - and sure enough, i came out the other side still in one piece and here to tell the tale!
i too had breast issues, had on average 2 cysts a year aspirated with a needle from the age of 39. your doctor is right (well, mine was) in saying that the breast problems will probably clear up after menopause. i've just had a mamogramme and for the first time EVER have not been recalled (i'm 2 weeks off being 57, and three and a half years without a period).
feeling like a zombi and having memory issues are all part and parcel of it all unfortunately, but truly that too will sort itself out once you're through it. it's very early days for you yet, after your op, and being thrown immediately into menopause, so give yourself time, and be kind and gentle with yourself too

sue
<removed>

Last edited by mod-anon; 08-30-2009 at 08:13 AM. Reason: do not instruct members to do outside searches

Old 08-30-2009, 07:01 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

moommin HB User
Smile Re: strange feeling before hot flush

thank you sue,

Last edited by mod-anon; 08-30-2009 at 08:12 AM.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:17 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

scout316 HB Userscout316 HB User

hi shirley & sue

I haven't been over here on the meno board for awhile.I have been period free for 2 years since June.I was doing okay and then I had a dizzy episode one day...fine....then one day I felt like I had pulling in my head.....then I started getting heart pounding palpatations...then a mess of headaches for a couple weeks.....now I'm having "memory fog"...the hot flashes disappear and I feel nuts...then they come back and I feel better...this is so weird...I feel like I don't know what my body is doing anymore.

I would get an "impending feeling of doom" before my hot flashes...after awhile I knew when one was coming and wouldn't panic,but now it's strange,because sometimes I get that weird doom feeling but no hot flash...I hate it....so I'm just hoping my hormones will eventually even out someday.Yeah I went through 10 years of perimenopause...looking back I can see how all my health problems came about at the very start of perimenopause.

Scout

Last edited by scout316; 08-30-2009 at 08:52 PM. Reason: keeping to the subject matter

Old 08-31-2009, 02:43 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

moommin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout316 View Post
hi shirley & sue

I haven't been over here on the meno board for awhile.I have been period free for 2 years since June.I was doing okay and then I had a dizzy episode one day...fine....then one day I felt like I had pulling in my head.....then I started getting heart pounding palpatations...then a mess of headaches for a couple weeks.....now I'm having "memory fog"...the hot flashes disappear and I feel nuts...then they come back and I feel better...this is so weird...I feel like I don't know what my body is doing anymore.

I would get an "impending feeling of doom" before my hot flashes...after awhile I knew when one was coming and wouldn't panic,but now it's strange,because sometimes I get that weird doom feeling but no hot flash...I hate it....so I'm just hoping my hormones will eventually even out someday.Yeah I went through 10 years of perimenopause...looking back I can see how all my health problems came about at the very start of perimenopause.

Scout
hi scout,i spoke to you lots on anemia board re low b12,how you doing!! befor i had hysterectomy i would get that feeling of doom like somthing was going to happen,i know now the symptoms that i was having for 4 years was peri,i was having flushes in the night and swets but only when i was on my periods ,im 7 weeks post op and havent had no feelings in fact i feel as though im in limbo ,i did cry a few times but thats gone , sue i read that the feeling befor hot flush is called anaura,

Old 08-31-2009, 08:38 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

scout316 HB Userscout316 HB User

hi Shirley

Yes I thought your name sounded familiar.......ahhhh the anemia board......I'm over there again now.B12 is not my favorite subject anymore though....haha.

Well I really hope your surgery helps you in everyway you wanted it to.That'd be great if you never get any nasty sx again.My dr. said that the sx can last a lifetime....I've heard that before too....hope that's not true.

Take care & please keep us posted how you are doing,okay?

Have a good night,Scout~

Old 09-01-2009, 08:59 AM   #11
(female)

daisyanna HB User

I used to get that "doom" feeling just before a hot flash also. It was weird. But I cured my hot flashes in just four days! I found out about the amazing Hot Flash Smoothies.

Into a blender put the following and blend well.....

1/2 cup fresh tofu (any kind)
1 cup orange juice
1 banana.

Or you can use tofu, chocolate soy milk and a banana. It works like magic!

As long as I had one of these delicious smoothies every morning, I never had another hot flash.

Last edited by daisyanna; 09-01-2009 at 09:00 AM.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:36 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

moommin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyanna View Post
I used to get that "doom" feeling just before a hot flash also. It was weird. But I cured my hot flashes in just four days! I found out about the amazing Hot Flash Smoothies.

Into a blender put the following and blend well.....

1/2 cup fresh tofu (any kind)
1 cup orange juice
1 banana.

Or you can use tofu, chocolate soy milk and a banana. It works like magic!

As long as I had one of these delicious smoothies every morning, I never had another hot flash.
thank you girls ,going to buy some tofu

Old 09-08-2009, 05:00 AM   #13
(female)

moet HB User

Yes thank goodness someone else feels this, i thought there was something wrong with me, i get this horrible feeling (tingling) very uncomfortable very difficult to exactly explain all over my body and then sure enough the hot flush comes its very scary like i wonder what is going to happen to me

Old 09-10-2009, 02:48 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

moommin HB User

i find the feeling is worst than the flush ,it starts in the pit of your stomach then radiates,it feels like restless leg syndrome going through your body,then you wait for the heat,

Closed Thread