It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2003, 05:16 PM   #1

susgan HB User
Post estrogen drop causing dizzy spells??

I have been experiencing irregeular cycles for about 3 yrs. For about 3 years I have been having dizzy spells but never regular at all, and have had 2 blood test along with a few doc. visits. No one ever found anything wrong. I was beginning to think it was all in my head (no pun intended).

Just recently I requested a set of test to see where my hormone levels were. I have recently had hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, mood swings, etc. but also dizzy spells again along with, for the 1st time in over 20 years, menstrual cramps.

I just looked up "black cohash" and some of the symptoms in menopause included dizzy spells, and also the cramps.

My questions are ...

Does any one else have dizzy spells?
Shouldn't this been checked before?

I feel a little bit more normal tonight as the worry of a more serious condition is almost eliminated.

Thank you!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2003, 05:41 PM   #2

chinkapin HB User
yes I have had spells of dizzness, but it has been a
long time, every so off a miner one, I am on the shot
once a month, but I had surgery in 75 so I not so worried about cancer, it makes feel better and have
more energy, as long as I stay on the shot I am ok I am 62 yr. old, all my blood work turned normal. There
was time I though it was all in my head to, but when I said I getting older and these things happen I am ok with it. I hope I help you. Have a nice day.
Mary

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2003, 05:43 PM   #3

chinkapin HB User
yes I have had spells of dizzness, but it has been a
long time, every so off a miner one, I am on the shot
once a month, but I had surgery in 75 so I not so worried about cancer, it makes me feel better and have
more energy, as long as I stay on the shot I am ok I am 62 yr. old, all my blood work turned normal. There
was time I though it was all in my head to, but when I said I getting older and these things happen I am ok with it. I hope I help you. Have a nice day.
Mary

Old 03-15-2003, 06:47 PM   #4

susgan HB User
what shot? I am only 42 (almost 43) and have had this feeling on & off since the age of 39.

Thank you for your help

Susan

Old 03-15-2003, 11:23 PM   #5
(female)

LaurenRae HB User
Hi - I am 40 and 10 months ago I had a total hysterectomy with removal of both ovaries. Needless to say, it was straight into menopause. Yes, I have had dizziness since my surgery. I never connected it with a drop in estrogen tho - but I have been having a lot of trouble with my estrogen levels and only now am I at a comfortable level. The dizziness is all but gone. So yes, I think my dizziness was due to low estrogen levels. I found that the dizziness was worse when I went to bed - I would lay down and the room would feel like it was spinning - it only lasted a brief period of time. I wasn't bothered by it too much during the day. But like I said, now that I have increased my estrogen, I rarely have the dizzy spells and I feel 100 times better as far as my moods, hot flashes, etc. go.

Old 03-15-2003, 11:24 PM   #6
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Do you have any other symptoms at the time of your dizzy spells. Lot so things come to mind besides menopause such as sinusitis or hypoglycemia. If these have been ruled out then you simply need to discuss with your doctor what route you wish to take regarding menopause. Be sure you are already taking your extra calcium to help prevent bone loss and osteoporosis.

Old 03-16-2003, 07:31 AM   #7

susgan HB User
sinusitis is not an option as I do know what it feels like when my equilibrium (sp?) is off. This is different. Also I was tested 2 previous times for a bunch of things, iron count, sugar, etc. All came back normal..my iron was in the normal range but just above the low side.

They never tested my hormone levels even though my periods were irregular. Hindsight I should have insisted they do it. Only now that I am having other menopausal symptoms are they going to.

So as soon as I can get there when they are open...went Friday at 12:30 to find out they close for lunch from 12:30 - 1:30. Wow was I bummed!!! So I will go Monday morning, hope they don't go to breakfast

Thanks, Susan

Closed Thread