It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2003, 03:08 PM   #1

declare40 HB User
Question Heavy Bleeding Twice A Month!!WHY??

I am pushing 41 years old and I have the night sweats, allergy to my pergestirone(spell) which causes me to break inot hives with my periods (lovely) and heavy middle, bloating...I look 5 months pregnant! my cloths don't fit anymore. I can't seem to loose weight. Now the past three months I have been getting my menses twice, around every 16 to 18 days. I don't like getting it once , now twice? I am going to go insane. I get this tingling in my toes and hands too. Mood swings? OH YES
What next? Please help!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2003, 11:59 PM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
You can get help for the twice monthly periods.........there are several options including birth control pill or Uterine Balloon therapy. You need to see your doc and check into getting some help for this. Also if this sudden increase in waist size happened rather quickly I would check with the doc too as this can be a sign of uterine cancer as well as the menstrual changes. This is not meant to scare you but just to let you know that these symptoms are not nessicarily related to menopause and should be checked out by the doc just to be sure everything is ok.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2003, 03:30 AM   #3

declare40 HB User
Thank you so much. I will call and make an appointment. I found out that my family has a history, Mother, Aunt, Grandmother...all went through this.

The thick middle and bloated feeling has been going on for about 5 months where it won't go away. I used to just get the usual bloating durning, now it is every day. As far as the heavy bleeding and clots(bad) has been about three months. I hope I don't have to go through this for long.

Thank you again
deb

Old 04-26-2003, 05:26 PM   #4

Mishkyn HB User
Dear Deb~~~
Your symptoms sound very similar to what I had. I bled exactly 3 weeks out of every month, one week off and three weeks on again. Lots of clots, too.

This went on for many months. So did the bloating and huge stomach. I had a fibroid tumor (one large one--most people have clumps of them) that was causing all of this.

This was 9 years ago and I wanted a myomectomy (just removal of the tumor) rather than a hysterectomy. It took me a year and a half to find someone willing to do that surgery. Even the hospitals involved would schedule surgery, then call me the night before and say, "Hysterectomy or nothing."

Now that more people are opting for myomectomies, they are probably easier to get.

Dr should be able to feel fibroids readily, but you may need a sonogram.

Could be fluctuating hormones. Peri-menopause causes similar symptoms.

Best of luck,
Mishkyn

Old 04-26-2003, 05:55 PM   #5

declare40 HB User
Thank You ..... I am getting myself to the doctors. I sure don't want this going on for much longer. I will keep everyone posted.

Trying to survive this thing without going nuts

Deb

[This message has been edited by declare40 (edited 04-26-2003).]

Old 05-02-2003, 02:57 AM   #6

declare40 HB User
Exclamation

Hi Everyone,
Well I went to my gyno and I had a biopsy done on my uterus, she is scheduling me for a ultrasound on the 12th. She said I am heading for a Endometrial Ablation.
My mother had this done...she said everything was fine after. No heavy bleeding everything stopped for her after.
Thank you for helping me. I will keep everyone posted.
I just hope my biopsy doesn't ......well you know.
deb :/

Closed Thread