It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2003, 11:35 AM   #1

caiti HB User
Post menopause and nausea????

Before I run screaming back to a Dr who thinks I have suddenly become a hypochondriac. Does anyone else suffer nausea just before the night sweats start?
This has been going on for about 3 months. 2 or 3 times a week.
Any help would be appreciated
Caiti

Old 05-24-2003, 03:57 PM   #2

Nice lady HB User
Hi Caiti
I have noticed the same nausea feeling too before I get the night sweats. I did take HRT for a short period but it didn't suit me, I'm on Fosomax (calcuim tablets) now but feel I'll go back to the HRT and find one that suits me. I'm concerned that fosomax mightn't be a good idea for me at an early age (i'm 36). Go to your GP and ask for your bloods to be tested. Good luck

------------------
Louise

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2003, 05:27 PM   #3

caiti HB User
Talking

I am 48, in full blown pre menopause and due to blood clots in my lungs when I was young cant have hrt. I have a wonderful man who has been researching progesteron and is wondering if it might help me to deal with some of the symptoms that hit when I am sleeping. To be honest it keeps us both up a lot.

Old 05-25-2003, 05:37 AM   #4

MrsKramden HB User
Well, just to allow you not to think you're imaging things, I will say this. In pre-menopause, I didn'thave night sweats, but had the nausea. First it was mild and like morning sickness and came to a peak about nine months before I menopaused. I took Emetrol for the nausea which is a medication you take while you're feeling the nausea, a liquid.

Your hormones are changing over and I have read that it's the fluctuations in progesterone that cause the nausea. I had it off and on for four years prior to my menopause.Usually it was mild, but when it peaked, it was horrible.I didn't have bad hot flashes or night sweats but intermittant trouble falling asleep.
It's amazing how we all experience it differently.
Hope your symptoms subside really soon !

Old 01-22-2004, 05:47 PM   #5
(female)

anita4pets HB User
Re: menopause and nausea????

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKramden
but had the nausea. First it was mild and like morning sickness and came to a peak about nine months before I menopaused. I took Emetrol for the nausea which is a medication you take while you're feeling the nausea, a liquid. Your hormones are changing over and I have read that it's the fluctuations in progesterone that cause the nausea.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU Mrs. Kramden for your post! A have been lurking on the board for about a year...you all have helped me keep my sanity through a number of Emergency room visits and all the bells and whistles that go with meopause. I am 51, in the last year, my periods have been happening about 3-4 months apart (really, can we just get ON with it???!!). Have had the night sweats, fatigue but over the past couple of weeks have had nausea. It seems like my hormones start 'spiking" (my term, don't know what else to call it) now about every three or four months and my body goes crazy on me. AM going for my annual physical on Monday and will probably hear the same thing my doctor has been telling me for a year now, :You're not dying and you're not crazy...you're just menopausal"....Oh joy.

The only bright spot lately has been all of you helping me to keep my fragile grasp on sanity!

Old 01-26-2004, 09:54 PM   #6

PJG HB User

Nausea is a very common menopause symptom. On power-surge they recommend drinking 2 tbls. of lemon in a cup of boiling water. No tea, just the lemon juice. Supposedly it works very well for menopaual nausea. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita4pets
THANK YOU, THANK YOU Mrs. Kramden for your post! A have been lurking on the board for about a year...you all have helped me keep my sanity through a number of Emergency room visits and all the bells and whistles that go with meopause. I am 51, in the last year, my periods have been happening about 3-4 months apart (really, can we just get ON with it???!!). Have had the night sweats, fatigue but over the past couple of weeks have had nausea. It seems like my hormones start 'spiking" (my term, don't know what else to call it) now about every three or four months and my body goes crazy on me. AM going for my annual physical on Monday and will probably hear the same thing my doctor has been telling me for a year now, :You're not dying and you're not crazy...you're just menopausal"....Oh joy.

The only bright spot lately has been all of you helping me to keep my fragile grasp on sanity!

Old 01-27-2004, 08:40 AM   #7

coolcariad HB User
Unhappy Re: menopause and nausea????

Quote:
Originally Posted by caiti
Before I run screaming back to a Dr who thinks I have suddenly become a hypochondriac. Does anyone else suffer nausea just before the night sweats start?
This has been going on for about 3 months. 2 or 3 times a week.
Caiti
Hi Caiti, I am 52 and have been having terrible sickness, but usually before my period would have been due, I take motillium tablets for this, the doc says its my hormones raging! I haven`t noticed it before I have the night sweats though. I am so fed up of peri-meno symptoms, so far I`ve missed 6 months of periods on TWO occasions only to again, but Nov. last year was my last period, so its almost three months and counting, hope you feel less sick soon.

Old 01-28-2004, 04:31 AM   #8
(female)

halika2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcariad
Hi Caiti, I am 52 and have been having terrible sickness, but usually before my period would have been due, I take motillium tablets for this, the doc says its my hormones raging! I haven`t noticed it before I have the night sweats though. I am so fed up of peri-meno symptoms, so far I`ve missed 6 months of periods on TWO occasions only to again, but Nov. last year was my last period, so its almost three months and counting, hope you feel less sick soon.
Hi All -

I've posted on fibro here before. Now I've been having nausea bad/mild on/off for about a month. I was worried and finally called the doc yesterday, but can't get in til next month. I found you all from a web search.

Reading this makes me think it's just peri-menopause!! I'll be 46 in a few months, and other stuff started happening a few years ago. (late periods, increased breast size - ugh!-, migraines). Now I'm algo getting, for the second time, a metallic taste in my mouth. Anyone else get that?

Darlene

Old 03-12-2004, 08:40 PM   #9
Inactive

csoar2004 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by halika2
Reading this makes me think it's just peri-menopause!! I'll be 46 in a few months, and other stuff started happening a few years ago. (late periods, increased breast size - ugh!-, migraines). Now I'm algo getting, for the second time, a metallic taste in my mouth. Anyone else get that?
Hi Darlene.
I don't have that particular symptom, but it's listed @ MinniePauz's site (LOL) like this: "Burning tongue, burning roof of mouth, bad taste in mouth, change in breath odor" as common symptom of menopause/peri-menopause.
Dunno 'zactly what they recommend for relief. Have you tried peri-zappers? (they were featured on a Dr. Phil show after his wife Robin found they worked for her) I've been using them to great effect (Dr. Phil has info posted on 'em) and I highly recommend you give them a try.

best wishes,

charli
203/146/146

Old 03-21-2004, 05:39 AM   #10

dee92 HB User

I started going through the menopause at 40yrs, I am now 49 (just!!) for the past 3 yrs I have suffered..yes suffered terrible nausea , my doc has done everything from put a camera down my throat to having my ears tested, I was starting to think this was all in my head . no one has helped me, it is wrecking my life, I cant do things or go places because I feel so bad daily , I live in the UK and tried today to buy Emetrol, my chemist had never heard of it ....can anyone PLEASE help before I go mad

Last edited by dee92; 03-24-2004 at 07:42 AM.

Old 03-21-2004, 06:40 AM   #11
Inactive

csoar2004 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by caiti
I am 48, in full blown pre menopause and due to blood clots in my lungs when I was young cant have hrt. I have a wonderful man who has been researching progesteron and is wondering if it might help me to deal with some of the symptoms that hit when I am sleeping. To be honest it keeps us both up a lot.
Check out Before the Change, by Ann Louise Gittleman. It's a book about perimenopause and recommends what the author calls peri-zappers for the most common symptoms. Dr. Phil did a show on peri-zappers (his wife, Robin, found them to be extremely helpful) so he has info @ his site, too.
Gotta tell ya, they sure helped me through my last year of perimenopause and have so far made my first year of menopause absolutely amazingly fun.
Don't give up hope! Help is out there

best wishes,

charli
highest wt: 233
203/146/146 on Fat Flush Plan for life and lovin' it

The Following User Says Thank You to csoar2004 For This Useful Post:
Cheryl0220 (05-25-2012)
Old 03-21-2004, 07:36 AM   #12

bobana10 HB User

I feel like I've finally come home, all of you have the same thing I have been expierenceing, the nausea has been awful. I even took a pregn. test of course it was neg. I had my tubes tied 13 years ago, but had been pregn., 3 Christmas' ago ended in miscarriage, the Dr. had no answer's. So you can imagine my imagination in not knowing what was wrong with me. I am just beginning to read the book by Ann Louise Gittleman Before the Change she has things about perimenopause ( something I had never heard of before coming to this message board), and a chapter on menopause, as she wrote a book on the Fat Flush Plan, so many woman on this board has suggested the book so hubby went and bought it for me and I am thrilled at what I have already read. I too have taken emitrol for the nausea, but it still comes and goes. My periods are beginning to scip around also, and day seats night sweats have been apart of my life for several years, not real bad most of the time and I am only 41 soon to turn 42. I so glad there are woman to share these things, I felt very alone and nuts up until yesterday.
Dana

Old 07-27-2004, 03:45 PM   #13

sunnydburke HB User
Question Re: menopause and nausea????

I have been green with nausea for the last two weeks since I had my last period for 14 days. The hot flashes are hourly and the nausea constant. I feel bloated and uncomfortable. Any remedies to help? I am so uncomfortable. The doctors just checked me and took a biopsy for uterine cancer. I don't have the results back yet, I think it, hope, hope that is menopause. I am 54 and look forward to menopause and moving on with maturation.
~SunnyD~

Closed Thread