It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2003, 01:05 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User
Post Estroven

Has anyone taken Estroven? Does it help? I don't have hot flashes but have experienced mild night sweats, fatigue, insomnia, spacey-dizziness. I am also on mild hypothyorid med (0.1 mg of Levoxyl). I am currently waiting for blood test results on my FSH level.

Molly

Old 10-12-2003, 06:12 PM   #2

serenityelf HB User
Since going off HRT, I've tried several herbal remedies..estroven so far is the best. It helps eliminate hot flahes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2003, 06:21 PM   #3

Estelle HB User
Is this estroven an OTC drug? Do you mind me asking how long you were on HRT and why you went off? I was just recently diagnosed and I still haven't had my first consultation with the doctor. He is retesting me on Tuesday to make sure. The hot flashes are intense though and after everything I've read about ERT & HRT, I'm not sure I will go that route. Obviously, I will have to ask my doctor, but wouldn't just taking an OTC that helps with the sypmtoms (mostly hot flashes) and a really good calcium pill (along with some astroglide - he he) be enough? Do you have any idea how much calcium a menapausal woman needs in a day?

Old 10-12-2003, 07:17 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User
Estroven can be purchased OTC. Haven't gotten blood results yet but my doctor feels I have been experiencing very distressful hormonal imbalance recently. He said I could go on some soy products such as Estroven instead of going on HRT. Serenityelf, does Estroven help eliminate other menopausal symptoms besides hot flashes? Do you also take other vitamins?

When I turned 50 this year, my gyn told me I should take 1500 mg of Calcium with Vitamin D daily.

Molly

Old 10-13-2003, 01:05 PM   #5

serenityelf HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by molly123:
\Serenityelf, does Estroven help eliminate other menopausal symptoms besides hot flashes? Do you also take other vitamins?

Answer:

Yes,it does help with vaginal dryness. I also take at least one 12 oz. glass of soy milk (this does wonders for vaginal moistness and skin in general)(a day along with a Magnesium (helps with heart palpitations), Vit. D. Phosphorus liquid supplement. I really never experienced a lot of mood swings, except when I was coming off of HRT therapy, so I'm not sure if it helps that. As well, because I've had cancer in the past, I also take a Vit. E supplement every day, and I believe it also helps with skin, etc. I've heard people say it is a good idea to take a good Vit B supplement, if you are having a lot of stress. As well, after being with my husband, I usually take a cranberry pill and Acidopholis (spelling) Bifidus pill, as I can't eat milk products (yogurt).

Old 10-13-2003, 01:11 PM   #6

serenityelf HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by Estelle:
Do you mind me asking how long you were on HRT and why you went off? ?
Answer: I had surgicallu induced menopause because of ovarian cancer in my mid 30s. I was on the HRT for 8 years and didn't like the things I had been reading about breast cancer. The other cancers they talk about with HRT, I can't get because I don't have those parts anymore. *s*. Also, my breasts were quite sore and too big for me..they got to 36 full (overfull) D, and I'm quite litte. They made me way too self-conscious and were, frankly, a nuisance. Since I've been off the HRT they went back to 36 C (full). It's not what I was before, but I like this size and am comfortable with them. I have also read several Canadian studies suggesting that the jury was still out on whether HRT significantly reduces the risk of heart disease or osteoporosis. In fact, some studies suggest some increased risk of heart/stroke for long term users, especially if heart disease runs in the family.

Old 10-14-2003, 10:14 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User
Hi,

I just recently was told by my GYN that Estroven was a good idea for perimenopause symptoms and it is over the counter as everyone has mentioned. The one she told me to get says PMS on it as my complaints were about longer PMS symptoms now that I am in Perimenopause (more bloating, mood swings, etc. etc.) I just started it yesterday and I noticed that it said do not take more than 10 consecutive days (the Estroven PMS says that) My period has not been too irregular except for a couple times in the past two years where I didn't get it till 40 days and then another at 50 days. But usually it is 25-28 days. It says on the bottle to take this at the sign of symptoms so I started yesterday and we will see. I will let you know.

If anyone else is taking the PMS Estroven I'd be interesting in feedback also.

rmc

Old 12-19-2003, 09:09 PM   #8
(female)

clinda HB User
Re: Estroven

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly123
Has anyone taken Estroven? Does it help? I don't have hot flashes but have experienced mild night sweats, fatigue, insomnia, spacey-dizziness. I am also on mild hypothyorid med (0.1 mg of Levoxyl). I am currently waiting for blood test results on my FSH level.

Molly
From what all I have heard, DO NOT take soy is you are hypothyroid. Soy interfers with the thyroid. You might want to check it out.

Old 12-29-2003, 08:10 AM   #9

LMS HB User
Re: Estroven

I take soy supplements, Black cohosh, and evening primrose oil. I was a manager of a homeopathic store and am well read on menopause, I like taking these seperately as opposed to the estrovan. When you do a pill with a combination, they tend to lose their potency.

Closed Thread