It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2003, 06:39 AM   #1
(female)

seabell HB Userseabell HB Userseabell HB User
Post Hot Flashes & UnderBreast Rash

Hot Flash... flash... isn't that supposed to mean quick?? Like a camera flash? Or is it my wishful thinking? When I experience hot flashes, they last anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour! Anyone else have long flashes??

I've also noticed when I sweat (which I seem to be doing a heck of a lot more these days), my face and chest turn red red red. And feel hot. I'm constantly bathing my face in cold water. My friend calls me Elmo (just what kind of friend is she anyway?? )

But the sweating under my breasts is what is bothering me the most. I've started getting these huge rashes under my breasts after I've perspired. I try to keep that area as dry as possible, baby powder all the time, 100% cotton shirts, but yet I get these rashes where my once perky breasts now sag against my skin.

Is there anything I can do??

Thx,
Seabell

Old 08-24-2003, 07:57 AM   #2

maddux417 HB User
Cool

Short of plastic surgery to lift 'em back up, I don't know what else you can do that you aren't doing. The guys I work with put paper towels around the inside edge of their hardhats to keep the sweat from dripping in their eyes and I've considered applying that to my problem. You know, tuck paper towels under the underwire of my bra, hey maybe I could patent that. Why not, me and the person who thought up menopause pajama's could go into business together. I also get the lobster face and chest on excertion and my face is very hot and dry. It's like the sweat that is now pouring from every other part of my body (including the crotch) has been diverted from my face. By the way I have a friend like yours who says whatever pops into her head. Maybe we could get them together and they would cancel each other out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2003, 11:26 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Mz Migraine HB UserMz Migraine HB User
Fill your bra cup w/baby powder or Shower After Shower Powder.
Lining it w/Bounty sounds like a good idea.

BTW I don't suffer from night sweats nor hot flashing. I get migraines instead.

Old 08-29-2003, 04:11 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
Dont bother with talc it blocks the pores if your sweaty use anti fungal cream like the one used for thrush

Old 08-30-2003, 08:57 PM   #5

Linda4 HB User
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by seabell:
Hot Flash... flash... isn't that supposed to mean quick?? Like a camera flash? Or is it my wishful thinking? When I experience hot flashes, they last anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour! Anyone else have long flashes??

I've also noticed when I sweat (which I seem to be doing a heck of a lot more these days), my face and chest turn red red red. And feel hot. I'm constantly bathing my face in cold water. My friend calls me Elmo (just what kind of friend is she anyway?? )

But the sweating under my breasts is what is bothering me the most. I've started getting these huge rashes under my breasts after I've perspired. I try to keep that area as dry as possible, baby powder all the time, 100% cotton shirts, but yet I get these rashes where my once perky breasts now sag against my skin.

Is there anything I can do??

Thx,
Seabell

Hi Seabell,

I had the same problem than you and my doctor recommended me to use "Zincofax" (baby cream). Since, I don't have anymore rash under breast. Try it!

Old 08-31-2003, 08:28 PM   #6
Inactive

Gine2D HB User
Try rubbing a little anti-persp under each at the sag area.

Good luck,

G

Old 08-31-2003, 10:43 PM   #7
Inactive

mlgable HB User
The rash you are getting is yeast. The same rash bug that causes thrush, vaginal yeast infections, jock itch and altletes foot. Use a cream made for any one of those infections and it will take care of the rash. Since you tend to sweat heavily under the breasts you may want to use a guaze square under your breasts to keep skin off of skin and to help absord the perspiration. Also be sure to wear a good supporting bra that keeps the skin off of skin. If you have never had fitter check to be sure you are wearing the right size and kind of bra now would be a good time to see one.

Old 09-07-2003, 06:43 AM   #8

Dedee HB User
Good new about hot flashes. I am off HRT! Along with Natural Progesterone cream (info. look up Johnlee.com ), I take 100mg of Isoflavones each day and my hot flashes are gone!!! Try it!

Old 09-22-2003, 07:39 PM   #9
(female)

msmusco HB User
I had a terrible rash under my breasts and under my belly which was causing the skin to crack open. My doctor gave me Mycolog II and it really did the trick. As the other person said, it really is a yeast infection but for some reason the over the counter anti fungal creams and the creams made for vaginal use didn't work for me. Good luck

Old 09-23-2003, 06:01 AM   #10
Inactive

mlgable HB User
MycologII is a combination cream with both Nystatin and Triamcinilone cream together. You obviously needed both since one just wasn't doing the trick for you.

Old 09-23-2003, 07:57 AM   #11

cog HB User
Talking

I had those same rashes for years, until I had breast reduction surgery. But before my surgery, I was told that to reduce the rashes, I should use an unscented mini-pad and adhere it to my bra. It worked!!! You might want to give it a try!

Old 10-15-2003, 12:23 PM   #12

HannahR HB User
Seabell,
Lucky you! At least you had perky breasts. I never did. LOL : D Mine always just sort of hung there. I've gotten that rash too. I believe it's a fungus. You know what I do? I spray with Lotrimin spray powder.
You are right to make sure they stay fresh, and scrupulously dry. I keep it at bay by doing those things.

------------------
Hannah

Closed Thread