It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #1
(female)

MAGS1975 HB User
Why do i have constant period pain even when i don't have my period

WHY DO i HAVE CONSTANT PERIOD PAIN EVEN WHEN i DON'T HAVE MY PERIOD

Old 12-10-2009, 07:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User
Re: Why do i have constant period pain even when i don't have my period

MAGS1975,

Are you in menopause? 1 year no period? Sometimes it's called phantom periods where you will get all the signs of starting but your period never comes. It's completely normal.

Take care,

Missy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2009, 06:09 PM   #3
(female)

tuscansam6 HB User

I have those phantom pains too.
I hadn't had a period for 8 months, then I had thyroid surgery, started on Synthroid and within a month I was back to having periods, not full ones though, just scant light ones with cramping.
I had a pap smear, it came out fine, but I think I'm going to go for a d&c...just to be sure nothing is seriously wrong.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:32 AM   #4
(female)

Loves To Sleep HB User

I am over 50, and have not had my period in 5 months, and yet I have period cramps all the time. I asked my gyn last time I was there, and she said its normal, it can happen during this time. Sure is weird though.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:51 PM   #5
(female)

dinangirl HB User

Thank you for this question, and for all the replies.
I'm experiencing the same problems....feel like I'm going to get my period, and it never comes. I feel awful.
Not many people discuss these symptoms, so I've felt very alone.
It helps to know there are other women who are experiencing what I'm experiencing.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:56 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User

Hi!
I've been having these so-called "phantom periods" as well. Like right now my boobs hurt, have cramping and a headache; plus it's that normal time of month for me (but no period). This is like my 4th month with no period. Counting one month with a light period only. Weird.

So it's normal, but dang! LOL. Hope these symptoms will subside after time. Thought when the periods stopped, that then I'd be free from that montly stuff. I can't imagine it going on forever. I'm thinking positive that it will ease off with time. Hope, pray, hope.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:55 PM   #7
(female)

dinangirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lKaz View Post
Hi!
I've been having these so-called "phantom periods" as well. Like right now my boobs hurt, have cramping and a headache; plus it's that normal time of month for me (but no period). This is like my 4th month with no period. Counting one month with a light period only. Weird.

So it's normal, but dang! LOL. Hope these symptoms will subside after time. Thought when the periods stopped, that then I'd be free from that montly stuff. I can't imagine it going on forever. I'm thinking positive that it will ease off with time. Hope, pray, hope.
I really feel for you. I'm sorry you're going through this, too.

I'm wondering if anyone has any answers about what helps to ease these symptoms?

I've just gotten through one of my worst weekends ever. I'm taking a combination of estradiol (which does help) even though I still have cramps, but then my doctor says I have to take prometrium every three months for twelve days and that's when I feel absolutely awful. This is only my second round with prometrium, and never again. I'm just at day 7, and I'm stopping.

I'm going to call my doctor to find out about other options because the prometrium is hell on earth for my body. I looked up some of the side effects (for some people) on the internet and I'm so there -- muscle achiness (you feel like you have a virus), major fatigue, cramps that can feel even worse, depression, etc. Awful. I spent a good part of this weekend crying and just feeling hopeless about things, and absolutely exhausted.

I'm a single mom with a daughter in college (we live in the same town) and a teenage son with special needs. I'm also struggling financially now and looking for a job, and have no support or help. (I've just been living in this town for a little over a year now.)

So, I know these factors just make things worse. I can handle my life circumstances, but feeling so awful makes things feel almost unbearable.

I do hope I can get some relief from these symptoms. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Apparently, there are many of us who are having a hard time with the "phantom period" feeling.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:08 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User

Hi!
Wanted to post that after the cramping, breast pain... I experienced the worst anxiety and mean-spiritedness that I've ever had! Everything made me mad. Just lasted one day but, so weird! I had to bite my lip because all my thoughts were negative. Ick! This is not like me at all! Then, get this, I had two big spots of blood this morning! For heavens sake! LOL. What a wild ride, I must say.

I had 4 months with no period except a light one. Now I don't know what's going on. Will see if I have a full period with this... But the side effects is what was the worst (the pms symptoms). Cramping, hurting breasts, and the irritability. Wow. And through all of this I still woke today full of sweat! Ick, lol.

Also wanted to add that personally I don't believe in medical hormones for women. The side effects are very serious to women in mid-life. Although I have a heart condition and cannot take them anyway, I still believe they are not a healthy alternative. I'm going to see if I can order a solution suggested to me called, Womens Menopausal Formula. Is all natural. Tried the Black Cohosh and it made me sick (works for some though).

Anyway, still staying positive about it all. Have to. Because it just is. Wishing all of you the best as well! Luv, ~lKaz

Closed Thread