It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
(female)

Jojo Rigby HB User
Unhappy Hey I'm new here and need help..

I'm40 in June and been having irregular periods for about a year and a half. It started with an odd day out here and there to a weeek late or a week early sometimes.

I have aslo been getting spells of feeling washed out.. my 'popped balloon' feeling as I call it, this can also be accompanied by 'foggy head syndrome'. There seems to be no pattern to it and as soon as it goes I feel good again.

I have got used to these feelings coming and going but the one that really bothers me is when I feel physically ill. Like I'm coming down with a bug. I get lethargic, feel feverish and off colour. This usually lasts a couple of days usually before my period but not always. I did notice at one point I was having this feeling every three weeks or so and it was becoming a bit of a joke amongst my friends that I was always feeling ill. I was beginning to think that I had a problem with my immune system because it feels so similar to getting the cold/flu.

Anyone else out there getting these symptoms??. I feel like I'm going nuts and most women when you mention perimenopause.. think I'm too young. I can't imagine what ese it could be.

Jojo

Old 03-30-2010, 04:52 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User
Post Re: Hey I'm new here and need help..

Hi JoJo, welcome!
It is not uncommon to start peri early. I've heard many women on here, younger than you even, starting it.

Your symptoms do sound like peri-menopause to me. Irregular periods are a sign of it, as well as night sweats, hot flashes, etc. Like you, I feel very sick some days as well. No energy, totally blah.

Just wondering if you've had your hormones checked? Been to the doctor/gyno?This can help ease your mind if you haven't gone. And to make sure it isn't just a hormonal imbalance.

Best wishes to you,
~Karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2010, 05:19 AM   #3
(female)

Jojo Rigby HB User
Re: Hey I'm new here and need help..

Hi Karen

I've had my hormones checked by my GP .. apparently I'm within normal limits. However when I went to a Naturapath she said my levels were out. I've been taking Vitex to help the symptoms but its a bit early yet to see if they have worked. I also take magnesium, vit c, calcium supplements and Spirilena.

Its the unwell feeling I don't understand. It really gets me down.

Jojo

Old 03-30-2010, 05:46 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User
Re: Hey I'm new here and need help..

Hi!
Hey JoJo, was wondering if it could be a medication you're on that's causing your feeling ill? Just a thought. I was on one med that made me very sluggish, with lung congestion, etc. So I took myself off of it, feeling MUCH better afterward [was a beta-blocker, Zocor (metoprolol)].

And your hormones testing differently at two seperate places IS a sign that your hormones are fluctuating. This is a sign of peri-menopause. That's only my thoughts in your case, you know your body better than anyone else! And other symptoms that will back up peri are: hot flashes, night sweats, anxiety, trembling, ... and others. Not all women are alike however, in that, some suffer varying symptoms. Some, none at all (those are the lucky one's, lol).
Best wishes,
~Karen

Closed Thread