It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2010, 02:52 PM   #1
(female)

Dadspetunia HB User
Anxiety and Post-Menopause

Hi all. This is my very first post, having just joined today. I am wondering if anyone has suggested treatments for the horrible anxiety I am feeling. I am 54 years old and haven't had a period in about 2.5 years. I am not on any HRT. Recently I have been struggling with strong feelings of anxiousness, racing heart and feeling like I can't catch my breath. Yesterday I almost jumped up in the middle of the airplane because of my overwhelming need to get out. I have never been afraid of flying but I felt like I couldn't breathe. I am pretty healthy and exercise 3-4 times a week. I went to the doctor and she scheduled a stress test but in reading previous threads, it sounds like these feelings are not abnormal? Anyone have a suggestion for a natural treatment?
Thank you in advance!

Old 05-01-2010, 09:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User
Re: Anxiety and Post-Menopause

Hi Dadspetunia,

The anxiety that comes with menopause can be extremely hard to deal with. It is my biggest complaint. I can take all the hot flashes, sweats, shakes, etc... but the anxiety seems to be overwhelming! I recently started taking a product called L-Theanine that I got at my health food store. It's recommended by Dr. Michael Murray (a naturalist) that gave a seminar at our store. It's suppose to bring mental calmness and relaxation. I have been taking it for about 2 weeks now and it does work. The overwhelming feeling that comes to me during a panic attack or just the uneasy feeling when I am out of my comfort zone doesn't seem as bad. Try to find it in a brand that is marked Suntheanine. It is the purest form of it. Mainly the ingredients are derived fom green tea leaves. From what I know of the research of this, there are no side effects and has been used for many years in Japan. They include it in all there products except for baby food. I buy mine in a chewable tablet and it says 30 mins. and you will feel some relief. I am not sure about that because it was a few days before I did feel some some comfort. But it does worK!!

Hope this helps,
Missy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread