It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2010, 07:23 PM   #1
(female)

emeraldsea HB Useremeraldsea HB User
Clots during period in perimenopause

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced clots during their periods while going through perimenopause? I've been going through "peri" for about 7 years now (I know...I must be taking the long road to menopause), and the last year or two now my periods are often heavier than they've ever been, and the last year, I pass some clots from time to time when it's heaviest. I think I'm going to speak to my gynecologist about this to make sure I don't need to worry about this, but was wondering if anyone else has had the same thing. Thanks!

Old 05-27-2010, 04:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User
Re: Clots during period in perimenopause

Hi Emeraldsea,

Yes, I have been having clots during my period also. I never have clotted before but am definetly having them with peri. No need to worry unless they become bigger than a chicken egg.

Missy

The Following User Says Thank You to missy222 For This Useful Post:
emeraldsea (06-23-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2010, 05:31 PM   #3
(female)

Hi Missy!

Thanks for the post...I feel better about this now that I know I'm not the only one who's doing this. None of my clots has been anywhere near as big as you mentioned...they're about half that size and smaller. Thanks again!

Last edited by mod-anon; 05-27-2010 at 09:14 PM. Reason: removed quote

Old 05-27-2010, 05:31 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User

Hi ladies!
I have always had clots with my period, but they have increased with peri-menopause, along with pain and heaviness in bleeding. So I can totally relate with this! I missed a couple of months of periods, but then they came back like this, with a vengence! LOL. Ugh.

My point is that it is normal for clotting to happen during peri. I've seen it posted here before on this forum, with other women experiencing the same thing. I believe the cause is fibroids. Nothing to worry about. However, a visit to your gyno is always a good idea! Good luck, ~Karen

The Following User Says Thank You to lKaz For This Useful Post:
emeraldsea (06-23-2011)
Old 12-13-2010, 08:06 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

I have clotting and pain now with my periods. I am 46. Should I be worried about fibroids? Or anything specific? Thanks!

Old 05-10-2011, 10:35 AM   #6
(female)

Jany54 HB User

Yes, and from what I am reading it happens to many of us. However I have discovered Shepherds Purse tincture at the Health store and it has changed my life. Usually I can bleed for 2 to three months at a time but quite honestly after taking this in water for a few days it has cleared up most of my period including the endless clots (sorry, it is awful)never thought anything would work and I would have to go in for surgery. Good luck and I hope you get things sorted out.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:51 AM   #7
(female)

Liabug HB User

New here...

I'm wondering about this too. I've been 'flooding' for more than a week now and have passed large clots a couple - three times. It is a very alarming experience! Should I ride it out, or call the Dr.?

A 'lite' version of this super long and heavy period happened about 8 months ago.

Based on everything I've read from you ladies, I'm convinced more than ever that I'm in peri - meno.

Thanks for any info!

Old 06-23-2011, 10:07 AM   #8
(female)

Liabug~I'm guessing that you are in "peri", but given the fact that you have had a heavy flow with clots for over a week, I would touch base with your doctor, just to be on the safe side. "Peri" causes many changes in our cycles and it's a bit different in every woman, so I would run this past your doctor, if for no other reason than just for piece of mind. Hang in there!
Emeraldsea

The Following User Says Thank You to emeraldsea For This Useful Post:
Liabug (06-24-2011)
Closed Thread