It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
(female)

jam17 HB User
Hormone replacement at 34

i am 34. May have to have a total Hysterectomy including ovaries due to medical condition. kinda scared about the menopausal symptoms. how long will i be on HRT?? is there a better "kind" of HRT? i will ask the dr about this also.. but i would like some info from anyone around my age who has been through this.. How are you doing with menopause at this age? All comments are appreciated.. thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2010, 11:44 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User
Re: Hormone replacement at 34

Hi Jam317, welcome to the forum!
While I'm not as young as you are, my sister had a full hysterectomy such as yours at about your same age. She didn't go on HRT or anything, and told me she had a few hot flashes for a little while, then nothing at all. Each woman is different however, so this is how it went down for her.

I've read on this forum of several woman your age naturally going through menopause early however. So hopefully they will respond to your post as well! I'm just here to support you, as I know this is a major life change for you. Just know we're here for you and it'll probably go much easier than you think. My mother had an early full hysterectomy as well, with no symptoms whatsoever! Lucky! Best wishes, ~Karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2010, 01:15 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User

Hi. I don't usually post here as I'm past menopause now(almost 59). But I had a radical hyst at 32 for pre-cancerous problems/major endometriosis. I went on estrogen at the lowest dose with a plant based estrogen(Ogen .625mgs) and then slowly stopped it when I reached my early 50's....at an age my doc figured I would go through menopause.

I never had a single problem with any of it. Not being on the estrogen or going off of it. But I did develop the early stages of osteoporosis rather quickly(I have a lot of arthritis and take steroids frequently and that did it) once off the estrogen so I had it monitored through bone density tests and started the yearly drug Reclast 3 years ago for it. I am now no longer at risk.

With all the health problems I do have, this has been a delightful surprise to have no problems at all.

Jenny

Old 06-03-2010, 05:14 PM   #4
(female)

jam17 HB User

Thank you for the responses. i officially called the doctor today and started the ball rolling with the pre op.. I may be having the surg in 2-3 wks.. that would be so awesome.

yes i am very nervous.. but hoping that it will go smoothly and i will be out of pain finally. i have had many surgeries in the ast.. that is not what i am worried about. it is the after effects that cause me concern.

My mom did not have any problems with natural menopause.. i am hoping that it runs in the genes.

i know the dr prescribes Premarin for all her hysto patients. (the benefits of working in the hosp).. but not sure about HRT. shall i try it... shall i go with out and natural... or it be last effort before i rip someone head off from the symptoms.

so many un answered questions.... i do plan on asking the dr these also.. I know all woman respond differently.. it will be interesting to say the least.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:58 PM   #5
(female)

KYoung1207 HB User

My mother had a complete hysterectomy at the age of 42 I think and was on Premarin for 25 or 30 years. Never hurt her a bit and she didn't go through all the heartache that I'm going through. If I didn't still have everything, I know what I'd be doing.

This Peri stuff is for the birds!

Old 06-04-2010, 06:46 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User

Jam317, personally I'm going the natural route, but do seek symptom relief. There are some wonderful herbal and non-harmful products out there today.

Also, each woman is different as to how she responds to menopause, so ultimately it is your decision. You know your body better than anyone. Who knows, many women experience no symptoms whatsoever after this type of surgery!

My suggestion is to not jump into anything until you see how you feel, especially HRT. Best wishes, ~Karen

Closed Thread