It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
(female)

peggy46 HB User
Anxiety attacks or peri???

ok now im crying ,i thought i was the only one with these problems ,i have been doing this for about 20yrs .the doctors say its anxiety .i have believed for yrs it was peri . i pray that my visit to my doc in the morning will be the one where i get him to listen to me . i miss almost every other period . my adenaline will rush through my body and i feel tingly all up my arms .sometimes my lips feel numb . i have hot flashes .cold flashes . dizziness,heaviness in my arms and sometimes legs . i can be happy as a kid one mintue and the rush comes over me and then im a completly different person . my son and daughter say get over it already ,nothing is wrong with you . although i beg to differ . i never had these problems until i had my tubes tied 20yrs ago ,is there any known connection between tubaligation and the onset of peri ? since i turned 40 its getting worse . i take paxil and vistaril for the so called anxiety attacks . i just need some freinds to talk to .

Last edited by mod-anon; 06-02-2010 at 10:14 PM. Reason: starting a new thread with this post.

The following user gives a hug of support to peggy46:
shell1 (12-11-2011)
Old 06-03-2010, 04:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: Anxiety attacks or peri???

peggy46: When's the last time you had your hormones tested? Go to an endocrinologist and get them checked. YOu could probably benefit from some progesterone, the "calming" hormone. Your body still makes it and needs it even though you had your tubes tied. We live in a toxic world that makes our estrogen levels higher than they should be. If you're heavy then that adds more estrogen to your body.

Do you eat right, exercise? Exercise is a good mood stabilizer.

Have you had your blood sugars checked? Make sure you're not diabetic. Low sugars can cause dizziness.

Read Dr. John Lee's book "What your doctor won't tell you about menopause" Great info.
Look up estrogen dominance on the web and see the symptoms. You'll be surprised. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User

Hi Peggy, welcome to the forum!
92261 has given you some great suggestions! It's a good idea to have your hormones tested, especially since you are so young, just to know where you stand. It could very well be peri and does sound like it (as opposed to a hormone imbalance); whereas you can then rest assured in that knowledge & take action where needed.

Plus I just wanted to add that you're not alone in this, that many of us here are suffering the same exact symptoms such as yourself (due to peri/menopause). In addition, many on here are starting peri at an early age (30's per se), so you do have company! And there is a definite common thread to having anxiety issues while going through peri. It is not in your head.

So keep us posted as to how you're doing if you will! Praying relief for all of us!

Old 06-03-2010, 08:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User

Hi Peggy,

Doctors are really good at just chalking it up as anxiety, they really need to take a few more seminars on menopause! You go into your doctors office and demand that he checks your hormone levels, if he refuses you should absolutely find another doctor.

You're not alone in this we're always here to listen. There is no reason that you should have to continue to suffer through this. I know family doesn't get it some times, but that's why we all are here to help each other.

Please keep us posted,

Missy

Old 06-04-2010, 10:51 AM   #5
(female)

KYoung1207 HB User

I used to hate going to my old doctor whenever I had a problem and he would say......oh it's just stress.

Yes, it is anxiety, probably brought on by homonal changes. Glad my doctor understands that.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:43 PM   #6
(female)

Coolness HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggy46 View Post
ok now im crying ,i thought i was the only one with these problems ,i have been doing this for about 20yrs .the doctors say its anxiety .i have believed for yrs it was peri . i pray that my visit to my doc in the morning will be the one where i get him to listen to me . i miss almost every other period . my adenaline will rush through my body and i feel tingly all up my arms .sometimes my lips feel numb . i have hot flashes .cold flashes . dizziness,heaviness in my arms and sometimes legs . i can be happy as a kid one mintue and the rush comes over me and then im a completly different person . my son and daughter say get over it already ,nothing is wrong with you . although i beg to differ . i never had these problems until i had my tubes tied 20yrs ago ,is there any known connection between tubaligation and the onset of peri ? since i turned 40 its getting worse . i take paxil and vistaril for the so called anxiety attacks . i just need some freinds to talk to .

I know, I know. I am a young woman of 40 and there is no way I can be in premenopause. But I am. I have the headaches, bloating, mood swings, breast tenderness, heavy bleeding, clots, etc and most serious of all is anxiety and panic attacks. I was able to handle all that until the panic attacks came. I was not myself. I cannot focus. I was always afraid and believe me when I say I am a strong willed woman but I could not shake off my feeling of anxiety and panic. I learned yoga, deep breathing and all kinds of positive thinking. I called my OB/GYN and she suggested BCP which I did not want to do.
I did my own reading, research about this until I stumbled into Dr John Lee's book about premenopause. It clicked, that is me! He is talking about me! I ran to my health food store and bought the Progest cream he suggested on his book and he suggest other ones too. He did not get any money from any of them. Immediate relief I kid you not! I felt myself again! Twice a day usually by the 10th hour I feel anxiety creeping up again I apply it and I feel better quickyly. Progesterone is our happy hormone and if you have none or very little of it, it can cause anxiety. It is connected to so much and like I said please please read the book. Borrow it from the library, buy it whatever but please arm yourself with knowledge. Let us not all be robots from taking anti anxiety anti deppresant pills. Let us find the cure, not band aid the symptoms. I urge you to please read the book. If I can help one woman who went to what I did then I feel good about it. Feelings of anxiety are awful. Please take care of yourself! Read, read, read and find out for yourself!

Old 06-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User

Coolness: I'm glad you read Dr. Lee's book. I was able to find both of his books at my local DPW, believe it or not, in their book swap! The progesterone is a lifesaver. This morning I had to walk out of church because some lady sat down in front of me LOADED with perfume!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My body and head just can't tolerate these chemicals anymore.
I guess I'm just going to have to live my life in a box where I don't have to be exposed to this stuff.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:45 PM   #8
(female)

KYoung1207 HB User

You can start peri in your 30s, and rarely,earlier. Looking back now, I'm positive mine started at about 35.

Closed Thread