It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2010, 12:40 AM   #1
(female)

cuddlesoft HB User
Am I Pregnant or peri or menopause, very confused!

Hi Ladies, I am a 47 year old woman and I really hope to get some idea what is wrong with me, I have missed my April and May periods, I was totally normal cycle til April & May. I did a preggo test 13 days after missed April period and it was negative, I have not done another one. I have such pregnant sysptoms, I have very sore breasts and nipples, they feel swollen and tight and itchy, I have very sore low backaches all the time and breasts sore all this time. Major heartburn, gas, some nausea. I am bloated and clothes feel tighter, have mood swings big time for no reason, I feel better when I have food in my stomach, get heartburn when I am hungry. Have some acne going on, on my chin area. I am having a hard time getting sleep, cant get comfortable, on my back or sides, cant sleep on my belly or breasts hurt. I have read about menopause and I dont feel it is that, havent really had any of those issues, and my periods were regular and normal, no spotting or short periods or longer periods, all the same and normal. I finally made a obgyn appt for June 25 to see what is wrong with me. Any thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2010, 06:29 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User
Re: Am I Pregnant or peri or menopause, very confused!

Hi cuddlesoft, welcome to the forum!
Your appointment with a gyno is definitely a great first step! Is very important to rule out being pregnant for sure. Otherwise, you are definitely in the age range for starting menopause. And while you may not have all the symptoms, women on this forum who are menopausal describe experiencing the same things you are. I am no exception. I'm the same exact age as yourself and have been experiencing the breast pain you described. One month it lasted for two weeks! Eke. But every woman is different as to what she experiences in meno & when; so mine started some years ago and I never know what to expect from my usually regular body now, lol. Miss periods, then heavy periods, breast pain... then the hot flashes & night sweats... oh don't get me started! Lol, just kidding. But seriously, if not pregnant, you might want your gyno to test your hormone levels while you're there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2010, 11:49 AM   #3
(female)

KYoung1207 HB User
Re: Am I Pregnant or peri or menopause, very confused!

My periods were all normal until I didn't have one, then another, then it would start back up like normal. All you are describing is peri. You are at the age for it. I'm going through all of this and more. I'm sure your gyno will run blood tests to see.

Last edited by mod-anon; 06-04-2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: removed quote

Closed Thread