It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2010, 01:22 PM   #1
(female)

lucy5 HB User
Smile menopause

I am a 51 yr. old woman suffering with menopause. I have a problem with dry mouth. I am not taking any medications to cause this. Is anyone else experiencing this at all. If so let me know and if you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you:

Old 06-12-2010, 02:11 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

braveheart226 HB User
Re: menopause

I'm around your age and also going through menopause. I don't have dry mouth but do know of something that will help. It is an oral rinse. There are two I know of, and you can find them both in your local pharmacy. One is called Oasis, the other is Biotene.
Hope this helps!

Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2010, 02:14 PM   #3
(female)

luvmyfamily924 HB User

I don't have a problem with that and it's probably not anything to worry about. But I'm going to do some research on dry mouth.

I am experiencing lots of other things that I wonder could be related to menopause. I have anxiety almost all the time, problems with concentration, headaches almost everyday, heart palpitations and my memory is not too good lately. Do you have any of these symptoms? I do not want to take hormones so I'm taking herbal supplements. Do you take anything for it?

Hope to hear from you and many others that are going through the same things we are.

Have a wonderful day.

Last edited by mod-anon; 06-13-2010 at 11:16 PM. Reason: removed quote

Old 06-12-2010, 04:17 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User

Hi ladies! Welcome to the forum lucy5 & luvmyfamily924!
Lucy, I have experienced dry mouth for years as well! I've just always kept water with me at all times to wet my whistle, lol. Drives me crazy, especially at night. So I appreciate your suggestions as well braveheart226, thank you.

And luvmyfamily924, I'm peri-meno and experience all the symptoms you've described here (which started the same time as peri did), and I've heard other menopausal women describe these same symptoms for themselves as well. So I would fair to guess yours are related to peri too. Personally I take vitamin and herbal supplements for my symptoms such as yourself, and also an anti-anxiety medication. In this together, ~Karen

Old 06-12-2010, 05:55 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User

lucy5 and ladies: Look up Sjogren's syndrome. There's a board for it. It's dry mouth and dry eyes. Alot of it comes from Estrogen Dominance. I also read about it in Dr. John Lee's book "what your doctor won't tell you about menopause. It's in the autoimmune catagory along with fibromyalgia, lupus, and more. You just have to keep drinking alot and not get dehydrated.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:27 AM   #6
(female)

lucy5 HB User
Cool Re: menopause

Hi
Thanks for your response. I was taking black cohash, I think they were causing me to have haeart palpitatations. I told my family doctor, he started running all kinds of tests on my heart couldn't find anything wrong with me. This whole year I have been sick: gallbladder trouble no stones,they did filnd a bend in the gall bladder what ever that means. Its doing fine I just don't eat alot of fried foods. I was taking Menersa for menopause on the internet Iam not sure if it worked or not. Some of the ladies that work at the dentist I go to take some type of "compound" for their menopause says it works. I might go see my GYN and ask her about it. I also have lost 23 pounds this year. I wasn't htat heavy to begin with. I now weigh about 135. I have had all kinds of blood work done everything is fine. I hope menopause doesn't last to long. I don't know if my husband can take it much longer( lol) actually he's been quite good through all this.
HOPE THIS BRINGS YOU WELL

Old 06-14-2010, 09:40 AM   #7
(female)

luvmyfamily924 HB User

Karen,
Thank you so much for your reply. I'm taking Black Cohosh and Soy supplements along with so many others I've been taking for many years for other stuff. My hot flashes went away all of a sudden even before I started with the BC and Soy. I thought that was weird. Then,a week ago, I started feeling breast tenderness and I thought I could be getting a period soon. But, it hasn't happened in about 9 months. So, is that considered full blown menopause? I think I lived with peri for at least 4 years and didn't even know what it was. I never had missed a period until a short time before it disappeared 9 months ago, so I'm hoping to make it to the 1 yr mark without one sneaking up on me. My doctors don't tell me anything (not even the gyno) if I'm in menopause or not. Just got some literature from my gyno to read about it and I don't even know where I put it. Anyway, I'm just hoping it never comes back.

Thank you,
LMF

Last edited by mod-anon; 08-15-2010 at 01:24 PM. Reason: removed quote

Old 06-14-2010, 07:51 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User

LMF, Just wanted to say I experienced that breast tenderness as well, without having a period! It lasted 2 weeks, ugh. And I hope you do make it to that one year mark, that will be good! If you do, then you are considered POST-menopausal, as I'm sure you're aware of.

As for myself, I'm still in peri but have missed a period again this month. It seemed my hot flashes & night sweats intensified greatly prior to this. Now I seem to be feeling better. But I'm not counting my chickens before they're hatched (lol, an old saying), because I know how unpredictable peri-meno can be! Lol, ugh.

After reading your post, I think you have your own answers. Especially the fact that you believe you've been going through peri without even knowing it. Trust your instincts there. In this together, ~Karen

Last edited by lKaz; 06-14-2010 at 08:02 PM.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:34 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User

Hi LMF and Karen,

Just wanted to say I too am experiencing the sore breasts lately. I never really had an issue with it until recently. I use to only have mild tenderness with my period, but lately OUCH!!! I think mine are due to gravity, they used to be very perky, but now they look like torpedoes ready to launch at the ground!! Since it's getting warm here in CA, I decided to put on one of those cool sexy nightgowns and Oh Lordy help me, boobs were a droopin so I couldn't even see my nipples!!! Off came the nightgown, and on to the fruit of the looms x large t-shirt!!!

Karen, when I miss a period also, my hot flashes and sweats become severe. A few months ago, I went to Home Depot to buy a piece of wood, I was completely sweating!!! One piece of wood I remind you!!! All the fellows in there looked at me like I was totally crazy. It's okay for the men in there to sweat while they are loading lumber, but for a woman, well I guess it's completely different. Piece of advice here women, keep a sweat rag in your purse at all times, you never know when you're going to need it. Sweat dripping from the tip of your nose is not attractive!! Oh and by the way, men seem to help the women more if they aren't wet and look like their boobs are going to shoot their toes off at any second.

Hang in there gals,
Missy

Old 06-14-2010, 08:44 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User

LOL Missy!
I'm laughing so hard right now that I'm tearing up! LOL, thank you for that; plus your feedback and suggestion. Sad thing is, I relate to everything you said here (even the torpedo's hahahahaha). OMG! The horror, lol. Think any doctor's will give us a boob lift pro bono? LOL.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:27 AM   #11
(female)

luvmyfamily924 HB User

Thank you for welcoming me to this special place. It comforts me to receive advice from women who are on the same boat and to offer my two cents in hope that it may help someone out there.

Thank you to all.

Kindly,
LMF

Last edited by luvmyfamily924; 06-15-2010 at 09:28 AM.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:38 PM   #12
(female)

lucy5 HB User

HI
IT'S LUCY5,
Yestrday went to the doc's. I was actually sick. Somethings going around in the state of Michigan. I had a bad cough and runny nose. He checked my lungs and breathing and said I haD PNEUMONIA( sorry about the spelling). He sent me to the hospital for chest x-rays got the results back this morning. I don't have pneumonia.He has me on this strong antibiotic called Levaquin(750mg) once a day.Don't forget I suffer from dry mouth. Last time I was on antibiotics I got oral thrush and Iam susceptible to yeast infections. I never had thrush before and it took me a month to get rid of it. I need to call the doc. back and see if I need to take it for the full week; plus my mom's in the hospital 85 yrs old with a broken hip.
she is doing fine in a rehab center,needs 3 hrs, of thereapy a day. He told me I shouldn't go see her until my recheck in about a week. Need some advice.
Thanks,
Lucy5:

Old 06-15-2010, 06:20 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User

Lucy5: make sure you eat yogurt or probiotics while you're on the antibiotics. That will help you from getting the thrush or yeast infections. When it rains, it pours, it seems. Sorry to hear about all you're going through. So, because of the pneumonia, you didn't get anywhere with the dry mouth issue. Have you had a chance to investigate the Sjogren's Syndrome? It sounds like you've got your hands full there. Just try to calm down and get better.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:33 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy5 View Post
... Last time I was on antibiotics I got oral thrush and Iam susceptible to yeast infections...

Lucy5, I was going to recommend the same as 92261, that you eat yogurt & take probiotics. Very good suggestion. Personally I always do these now, as I am also susceptible to yeast problems when on antibiotics. I even go so far as to treat myself with vaginal yeast medication after finishing antibiotics, as this is where it showed up most for myself. You can also take Acidophilis if you can stomach it. Will completely prevent yeast build up in the entire body.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:45 AM   #15
(female)

lucy5 HB User

Thanks for your advice

Closed Thread