It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2010, 08:55 PM   #1
(female)

marysway HB User
47 and stop having periods 6 months ago

Hi I am new to this board. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. But I have not had a period since Dec 09. I've always been regular and don't miss a period unless I'm pregnant and I AM NOT pregnant. I still have the monthly cramps, cravings, bloating and even mood swings then it just goes away and then nothing.......no period. I've had a bit of spotting if you can even call it that. But even that was nothing really and only lasted a month or so. I've heard your periods go all crazy and stuff when getting ready to go through menapause but not just stopping.

I've always had very heavy long periods most of my life and infertilty issues (twins through invitro then a surprise 5 years later when I turned 40). then my periods went right back to there own crazy painful long self. Then like I said I just stopped. I don't have medical insurance so I have not gone to the doctor. Anyone else go through this?

Old 06-16-2010, 09:23 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User
Re: 47 and stop having periods 6 months ago

Hi marysway, welcome to the forum. And yes, many others go through virtually the same as you've described. In fact, your story could be mine in all you posted, except that my periods didn't stop altogether. I, too, have had infertility issues, heavy long periods, etc. Most menopausal women like myself suffer on-again, off-again periods with fluctuations in flow and symptoms.

You just may be one of the lucky ones to have it be done with. Or you may be surprised and get your period again for a month or whatever. Peri is very unpredictable. That being said, doctor's consider a woman post-meno after they've not had a period for 12 consecutive months. Glad you're here, as we are in this together.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2010, 09:28 PM   #3
(female)

marysway HB User

Thanks for the reply! Well then my count down is on then LOL. 6 more months and I can consider myself done? LOL I barely have hot flashes which is weird too. Maybe sweat at night but not waking up to change my clothes or my sheets wet. At one point before I gave birth I had to have a chemical menapause and it was HELL! I swore I'd shoot myself if I had to do that for real when it was really time. Like I said I have a mulitple reproductive issues. From ENdo to my harmonal imbalance to you name it. Here's hoping my count down goes without many drama issues. Thanks again for repling.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:40 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

lKaz HB User

Hey marysway again! If you haven't had a period for 12 consecutive months, you are simply considered post-menopausal by the medical community. It doesn't necessarily mean you're exempt from any other further meno symptoms or problems (although you may or can be asymptomatic, having no problems as well. This would be preferable to all of us, lol! ).

There are some post-meno women on here that share, so hopefully they will read this and shed some more light on this for you.

Last edited by lKaz; 06-16-2010 at 09:45 PM. Reason: edit

Old 06-22-2010, 04:37 PM   #5
(female)

Pebbles03 HB User

Hi Marysway, I'm 46 and just this May I started having hot flashes but not many and heart palp. Anxiety and tiredness, insomnia thought it was my thyroid acting up. I don't have any medical insurance now so can't go to Dr. but went to a natrapath and he said it was adrenal insufficiency and gave me a suppliment to take. It's working a little but will be out soon. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Last edited by Pebbles03; 06-22-2010 at 04:40 PM.

Closed Thread